Utah football: To settle a score, Utes defense challenged Conner Manning's arm ... and lost
SALT LAKE CITY — Conner Manning is third on the University of Utah's depth chart, but if his arm strength is an indicator, the Utes will be in good hands if his services are needed.
At the end of a competitive practice drill Tuesday morning, the Utah offense and defense were tied. To settle the score, the defense challenged Manning to throw a football over the south bleachers of Rice-Eccles Stadium.
Manning only needed two tries to pass the test, and the Ute defense did some extra running to make up for the loss.
"It's a plus for us," Utah linebacker L.T. Filiaga said.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 28
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 20