Police question man in alleged shooting at former co-worker
WEST VALLEY CITY — A man was questioned by police after allegedly shooting at a former co-worker Tuesday morning.
But by Tuesday afternoon, investigators hadn't found the alleged victim.
The incident happened about 8:30 a.m. when two former co-workers agreed to meet at Parkway Park, 3405 W. Parkway Blvd. (2700 South), allegedly to work out their differences, said West Valley Police Sgt. Jason Hauer.
Their discussion became heated, however, and eventually physical. Several bystanders helped break up the fight, Hauer said. But as one man got into his car to leave, the other got a handgun.
"As one of the parties went to leave, the other was able to obtain a handgun and shot at the other vehicle multiple times," Hauer said, adding that the alleged gunman fired "from pretty close range."
Witnesses called police as both men drove away. Detectives found the abandoned vehicle of the alleged shooter a short distance away. Using registration information, they tracked down the driver. As of Tuesday afternoon, no one had been arrested.
Police believe the alleged victim's vehicle should have several bullet holes in the front driver's side. But as of 4:30 p.m., the victim had not been heard from.
"The victim has not contacted police, has not contacted area hospitals. We don't know if we have a victim who is actually injured," Hauer said.
Anyone with information on the shooting can call police at 801-840-4000.
— Pat Reavy
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Resting her case: Judge reflects on Cuban...
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail to...
- Park City police nab pair suspected of...
- Draper police step in for Santa after home is...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 130
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 18
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Utah family making renewed push for... 9
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9