Police question man in alleged shooting at former co-worker
WEST VALLEY CITY — A man was questioned by police after allegedly shooting at a former co-worker Tuesday morning.
But by Tuesday afternoon, investigators hadn't found the alleged victim.
The incident happened about 8:30 a.m. when two former co-workers agreed to meet at Parkway Park, 3405 W. Parkway Blvd. (2700 South), allegedly to work out their differences, said West Valley Police Sgt. Jason Hauer.
Their discussion became heated, however, and eventually physical. Several bystanders helped break up the fight, Hauer said. But as one man got into his car to leave, the other got a handgun.
"As one of the parties went to leave, the other was able to obtain a handgun and shot at the other vehicle multiple times," Hauer said, adding that the alleged gunman fired "from pretty close range."
Witnesses called police as both men drove away. Detectives found the abandoned vehicle of the alleged shooter a short distance away. Using registration information, they tracked down the driver. As of Tuesday afternoon, no one had been arrested.
Police believe the alleged victim's vehicle should have several bullet holes in the front driver's side. But as of 4:30 p.m., the victim had not been heard from.
"The victim has not contacted police, has not contacted area hospitals. We don't know if we have a victim who is actually injured," Hauer said.
Anyone with information on the shooting can call police at 801-840-4000.
— Pat Reavy
- Parade spectators celebrate pioneers past and...
- A photographic look back at the Days of '47...
- Rare cancer treatment leaves Provo teen hopeful
- Head-on collision kills 2, injures 3 in Eagle...
- Student attitudes changing on healthy school...
- See what the pioneers thought, felt as they...
- Missouri hiker found dead in hot Wayne County...
- Pioneer panorama arrives in the Salt Lake Valley
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 46
- Union Pacific train makes special... 15
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 15
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 14
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 13
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at... 13
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- New solar panels are symbol of the... 11