BYU basketball: WCC unveils 10-team conference schedule for 2013-14 season
PROVO — Entering its first season as a 10-team league, the West Coast Conference released its men’s basketball conference schedule Tuesday.
With 10 members — now that Pacific has joined the league — the conference slate features a Thursday-Saturday format, as well as travel partners.
BYU opens WCC play Dec. 28 at Loyola Marymount, and the Cougars' home opener is Jan. 4 against San Diego, the team that eliminated them from the WCC tournament last March.
Other big games on the 2013-14 schedule include: BYU travels to perennial league powerhouse Gonzaga on Jan. 25 and hosts Saint Mary’s on Feb. 1. The Cougars visit Saint Mary’s on Feb. 15, and entertain Gonzaga on Feb. 20.
BYU’s first game against Pacific as a conference opponent will be Jan. 30 in Provo. The Cougars visit the Tigers on Feb. 13.
The WCC tournament will be held March 6-11 at the Orleans Arena in Las Vegas.
- High school football: Top 25 preseason rankings
- ACC media days has some interesting tidbits...
- Some fringe Jazz players opened eyes in Vegas
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to expand,...
- BYU football: Alani Fua may be next Cougar...
- Brain injury changes the lives and tests the...
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is an...
- Former BYU defensive lineman Eathyn...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 167
- Report: Former BYU guard Jimmer... 73
- BYU freshman linebacker reportedly... 72
- BYU's Jamaal Williams, Utah State's Joe... 58
- Peavler: Arizona vice president of... 52
- ACC media days has some interesting... 35
- Brad Rock: Decades later, equality... 30
- Watch list roundup: 22 local players... 26