BYU basketball: WCC unveils 10-team conference schedule for 2013-14 season
PROVO — Entering its first season as a 10-team league, the West Coast Conference released its men’s basketball conference schedule Tuesday.
With 10 members — now that Pacific has joined the league — the conference slate features a Thursday-Saturday format, as well as travel partners.
BYU opens WCC play Dec. 28 at Loyola Marymount, and the Cougars' home opener is Jan. 4 against San Diego, the team that eliminated them from the WCC tournament last March.
Other big games on the 2013-14 schedule include: BYU travels to perennial league powerhouse Gonzaga on Jan. 25 and hosts Saint Mary’s on Feb. 1. The Cougars visit Saint Mary’s on Feb. 15, and entertain Gonzaga on Feb. 20.
BYU’s first game against Pacific as a conference opponent will be Jan. 30 in Provo. The Cougars visit the Tigers on Feb. 13.
The WCC tournament will be held March 6-11 at the Orleans Arena in Las Vegas.
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- BYU football: LB commit Jeremiah Ieremia says...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 291
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 81
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 57
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 44
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37