BYU basketball: WCC unveils 10-team conference schedule for 2013-14 season
PROVO — Entering its first season as a 10-team league, the West Coast Conference released its men’s basketball conference schedule Tuesday.
With 10 members — now that Pacific has joined the league — the conference slate features a Thursday-Saturday format, as well as travel partners.
BYU opens WCC play Dec. 28 at Loyola Marymount, and the Cougars' home opener is Jan. 4 against San Diego, the team that eliminated them from the WCC tournament last March.
Other big games on the 2013-14 schedule include: BYU travels to perennial league powerhouse Gonzaga on Jan. 25 and hosts Saint Mary’s on Feb. 1. The Cougars visit Saint Mary’s on Feb. 15, and entertain Gonzaga on Feb. 20.
BYU’s first game against Pacific as a conference opponent will be Jan. 30 in Provo. The Cougars visit the Tigers on Feb. 13.
The WCC tournament will be held March 6-11 at the Orleans Arena in Las Vegas.
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 137
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 31
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 30
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 17
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 16
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 15