BYU basketball: WCC unveils 10-team conference schedule for 2013-14 season
PROVO — Entering its first season as a 10-team league, the West Coast Conference released its men’s basketball conference schedule Tuesday.
With 10 members — now that Pacific has joined the league — the conference slate features a Thursday-Saturday format, as well as travel partners.
BYU opens WCC play Dec. 28 at Loyola Marymount, and the Cougars' home opener is Jan. 4 against San Diego, the team that eliminated them from the WCC tournament last March.
Other big games on the 2013-14 schedule include: BYU travels to perennial league powerhouse Gonzaga on Jan. 25 and hosts Saint Mary’s on Feb. 1. The Cougars visit Saint Mary’s on Feb. 15, and entertain Gonzaga on Feb. 20.
BYU’s first game against Pacific as a conference opponent will be Jan. 30 in Provo. The Cougars visit the Tigers on Feb. 13.
The WCC tournament will be held March 6-11 at the Orleans Arena in Las Vegas.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora of...
- Prep football: Kafentzis, 'Diggers dig out of...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 51
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48