BYU basketball: WCC unveils 10-team conference schedule for 2013-14 season
PROVO — Entering its first season as a 10-team league, the West Coast Conference released its men’s basketball conference schedule Tuesday.
With 10 members — now that Pacific has joined the league — the conference slate features a Thursday-Saturday format, as well as travel partners.
BYU opens WCC play Dec. 28 at Loyola Marymount, and the Cougars' home opener is Jan. 4 against San Diego, the team that eliminated them from the WCC tournament last March.
Other big games on the 2013-14 schedule include: BYU travels to perennial league powerhouse Gonzaga on Jan. 25 and hosts Saint Mary’s on Feb. 1. The Cougars visit Saint Mary’s on Feb. 15, and entertain Gonzaga on Feb. 20.
BYU’s first game against Pacific as a conference opponent will be Jan. 30 in Provo. The Cougars visit the Tigers on Feb. 13.
The WCC tournament will be held March 6-11 at the Orleans Arena in Las Vegas.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- From dating advice to awkward returns: 10 of...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 107
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 53
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 42
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- Guard Elijah Bryant announces he is... 21