Infographic: Charting the offensive production of BYU, Utah and USU since 2000
Following the tremendous feedback the Deseret News received for last week's infographic charting BYU, Utah and USU's defensive rankings from 1999-2012, we follow it up this week with an expanded look at how BYU, Utah and USU's offenses have fared since the year 2000.
We took a look back at three statistics — national total offensive ranking, yards per game and touchdowns per season — and charted them. We also did something new for yards per game and touchdowns — we calculated each team's average and put them in the charts as well. Production for the overall No. 1 team's offense can also be seen in this chart.
As with last week, take note! The values for rankings in the first chart are negative. A mark higher in the chart is indicative of a better offensive ranking.
As to whether BYU, Utah or USU was best, however, in any of these years is entirely up for debate.
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Jazz rookie Dante Exum looks like a kid but...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 115
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 49
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 46
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45