Infographic: Charting the offensive production of BYU, Utah and USU since 2000
Following the tremendous feedback the Deseret News received for last week's infographic charting BYU, Utah and USU's defensive rankings from 1999-2012, we follow it up this week with an expanded look at how BYU, Utah and USU's offenses have fared since the year 2000.
We took a look back at three statistics — national total offensive ranking, yards per game and touchdowns per season — and charted them. We also did something new for yards per game and touchdowns — we calculated each team's average and put them in the charts as well. Production for the overall No. 1 team's offense can also be seen in this chart.
As with last week, take note! The values for rankings in the first chart are negative. A mark higher in the chart is indicative of a better offensive ranking.
As to whether BYU, Utah or USU was best, however, in any of these years is entirely up for debate.
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 102
- Morning links: National college... 98
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 81
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 35
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 9
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 7