Jaren Wilkey/BYU, Jaren Wilkey/BYU
Former BYU women’s volleyball player Nicole Warner is in France to compete in a national league called Ligue Nationale de Volley for eight months. Warner will compete on the Quimper Elite 29 squad with teammates from France, Spain, Croatia, Slovenia, Africa and other countries.
Practice began Friday, and the team's first match is Sept. 27.
To find out more about the league, visit its official website.
Warner played middle blocker at BYU from 2008-2012 and helped the Cougars advance to the region semifinals in the NCAA tournament last year.
Royce Hinton is the women's volleyball sports information director for BYU Athletic Communications.
- Morning links: Haws, Wright workout for NBA...
- Photo gallery: NFL players with local ties...
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team landed...
- Video: Former BYU outfielder Jacob...
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Morning links: BYU and Utah have games ranked...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule...
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 110
- Morning links: BYU and Utah have games... 64
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 50
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team... 30
- Morning links: Haws, Wright workout for... 20
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 14
- BYU student parlays app idea into a... 13
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner... 8