Jaren Wilkey/BYU, Jaren Wilkey/BYU
Former BYU women’s volleyball player Nicole Warner is in France to compete in a national league called Ligue Nationale de Volley for eight months. Warner will compete on the Quimper Elite 29 squad with teammates from France, Spain, Croatia, Slovenia, Africa and other countries.
Practice began Friday, and the team's first match is Sept. 27.
To find out more about the league, visit its official website.
Warner played middle blocker at BYU from 2008-2012 and helped the Cougars advance to the region semifinals in the NCAA tournament last year.
Royce Hinton is the women's volleyball sports information director for BYU Athletic Communications.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- NFL locals photo gallery: Ansah grabs the...
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora of...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 49
- Enemy camp: What UConn media thinks... 41
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 36
- Peavler: Why the UConn game won't be a... 36
- BYU Cougars video: Jeff Call tells us... 33
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 33