Jaren Wilkey/BYU, Jaren Wilkey/BYU
Former BYU women’s volleyball player Nicole Warner is in France to compete in a national league called Ligue Nationale de Volley for eight months. Warner will compete on the Quimper Elite 29 squad with teammates from France, Spain, Croatia, Slovenia, Africa and other countries.
Practice began Friday, and the team's first match is Sept. 27.
To find out more about the league, visit its official website.
Warner played middle blocker at BYU from 2008-2012 and helped the Cougars advance to the region semifinals in the NCAA tournament last year.
Royce Hinton is the women's volleyball sports information director for BYU Athletic Communications.
- Top 25 QB seasons in BYU history, part 1
- Doug Robinson: Why this mother of four is my...
- Local flavor in the NBA (and beyond):...
- Morning links: National college football...
- Top 25 QB seasons in BYU history, part 2
- Former BYU wide receiver Cody Hoffman rejoins...
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat about this...
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's open to...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 100
- Morning links: National college... 98
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 80
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 7
- Doug Robinson: Why this mother of four... 5