BYU track: Dickson, Stewart to compete at Pan American Junior Athletics Championships
Dickson, a sophomore from Buckley, Wash., will run the 800-meter race at the games. He typically runs the mile at BYU but had the second best time in the 800 in the state his senior year of high school. Dickson qualified for the Pan American Championships after finishing second in the 800 with a time of 1:49.63 at the U.S.A. Junior Outdoor Championships in Des Moines, Iowa, in June.
Stewart, a sophomore from Great Falls, Mont., will compete in the 1500-meter race. She has run the 800 meter, 1500 meter and the mile for BYU. Stewart qualified for the Pan Am games after finishing second in the 1500-meter race with a time of 4:28.92 at the U.S.A. Junior Outdoor Championships.
The Pan American Junior Athletics Championships are open to athletes age 16 to 19 as of Dec. 31, 2013.
Justin Green is the sports information director over men's track and cross country for BYU Athletic Communications. He is a student at BYU majoring in public relations and minoring in business and will graduate in April 2013.
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big 12...
- BYU and the Big 12: A timeline of events
- College football countdown No. 45: Harvey Unga
- BYU quarterback Taysom Hill explains why he's...
- Report: Houston AD meets with Pac-12...
- Young cancer patient gives former Cougar Kyle...
- Big 12 Media Days social roundup: Baylor,...
- Twitter reacts to Big 12 expansion developments
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big... 122
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 67
- Morning links: National college... 63
- Report: Houston AD meets with Pac-12... 60
- Big 12 Media Days social roundup:... 49
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 47
- Annual instate college basketball... 37