BYU track: Dickson, Stewart to compete at Pan American Junior Athletics Championships
Dickson, a sophomore from Buckley, Wash., will run the 800-meter race at the games. He typically runs the mile at BYU but had the second best time in the 800 in the state his senior year of high school. Dickson qualified for the Pan American Championships after finishing second in the 800 with a time of 1:49.63 at the U.S.A. Junior Outdoor Championships in Des Moines, Iowa, in June.
Stewart, a sophomore from Great Falls, Mont., will compete in the 1500-meter race. She has run the 800 meter, 1500 meter and the mile for BYU. Stewart qualified for the Pan Am games after finishing second in the 1500-meter race with a time of 4:28.92 at the U.S.A. Junior Outdoor Championships.
The Pan American Junior Athletics Championships are open to athletes age 16 to 19 as of Dec. 31, 2013.
Justin Green is the sports information director over men's track and cross country for BYU Athletic Communications. He is a student at BYU majoring in public relations and minoring in business and will graduate in April 2013.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 98
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 81
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 68
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 50
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34