Grace Fire: This fire began Aug. 14 in the Dixie National Forest, near Hells Backbone Bridge and Salt Gulch. Crews are daily watching and assessing the needs of the fire that has reached 249 acres. They will prevent the fire from spreading, but will not put resources toward extinguishing the fire. The fire is expected to burn for 30 or more days, according to fire officials.
Mount Elmer Fire: Burning since Aug. 9, this fire is about 264 acres wide. The fire is being watched, but no crews are on the scene because of higher-priority fires elsewhere.
Middle Creek Fire: Reported on Aug. 14, this 80-acre fire was 5 percent contained Monday. More resources have been ordered to supplement the 20-person crew, five-person squad, three engines, helicopter, two volunteer fire department water tenders and overhead crews. They were able to create a line on the west side of the fire.
Santaquin Pole Fire grew to 50 acres Monday. The lightning-caused fire began around 3 p.m. Saturday. On Sunday, crews dropped several loads of retardant in the path of the fire, according to officials, who had not yet reported fire containment.
Tank Fire: Progress on the fire remained unchanged Monday, with 50 percent containment and 94 acres consumed. It began north of U.S. 6 in Spanish Fork Canyon.
222 Fire: Crews secured a perimeter around the fire Sunday night. The fire was reported 95 percent contained late Monday with full containment expected Tuesday. An estimated 1,631 acres have burned in the fire that began 15 miles south of Eureka in Juab County.
For more information visit utahfireinfo.gov
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding' with...
- Video of school bus driver shows 'bizarre'...
- Celebrate summer fun with a photographic look...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Settlement in dog shooting case reached, then...
- Republican, Democratic political... 40
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 20
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 19
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 17
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for... 13