Grace Fire: This fire began Aug. 14 in the Dixie National Forest, near Hells Backbone Bridge and Salt Gulch. Crews are daily watching and assessing the needs of the fire that has reached 249 acres. They will prevent the fire from spreading, but will not put resources toward extinguishing the fire. The fire is expected to burn for 30 or more days, according to fire officials.
Mount Elmer Fire: Burning since Aug. 9, this fire is about 264 acres wide. The fire is being watched, but no crews are on the scene because of higher-priority fires elsewhere.
Middle Creek Fire: Reported on Aug. 14, this 80-acre fire was 5 percent contained Monday. More resources have been ordered to supplement the 20-person crew, five-person squad, three engines, helicopter, two volunteer fire department water tenders and overhead crews. They were able to create a line on the west side of the fire.
Santaquin Pole Fire grew to 50 acres Monday. The lightning-caused fire began around 3 p.m. Saturday. On Sunday, crews dropped several loads of retardant in the path of the fire, according to officials, who had not yet reported fire containment.
Tank Fire: Progress on the fire remained unchanged Monday, with 50 percent containment and 94 acres consumed. It began north of U.S. 6 in Spanish Fork Canyon.
222 Fire: Crews secured a perimeter around the fire Sunday night. The fire was reported 95 percent contained late Monday with full containment expected Tuesday. An estimated 1,631 acres have burned in the fire that began 15 miles south of Eureka in Juab County.
For more information visit utahfireinfo.gov
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Odyssey Elementary opens doors for...
- Stranger donates vehicle to Bountiful...
- Family seeks change as poisoned tea...
- Utah County teen made bomb threat, other...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 58
- Utah argues for more time to file... 40
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 33
- Government regulation has become like... 31
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic... 27
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an... 22