Grace Fire: This fire began Aug. 14 in the Dixie National Forest, near Hells Backbone Bridge and Salt Gulch. Crews are daily watching and assessing the needs of the fire that has reached 249 acres. They will prevent the fire from spreading, but will not put resources toward extinguishing the fire. The fire is expected to burn for 30 or more days, according to fire officials.
Mount Elmer Fire: Burning since Aug. 9, this fire is about 264 acres wide. The fire is being watched, but no crews are on the scene because of higher-priority fires elsewhere.
Middle Creek Fire: Reported on Aug. 14, this 80-acre fire was 5 percent contained Monday. More resources have been ordered to supplement the 20-person crew, five-person squad, three engines, helicopter, two volunteer fire department water tenders and overhead crews. They were able to create a line on the west side of the fire.
Santaquin Pole Fire grew to 50 acres Monday. The lightning-caused fire began around 3 p.m. Saturday. On Sunday, crews dropped several loads of retardant in the path of the fire, according to officials, who had not yet reported fire containment.
Tank Fire: Progress on the fire remained unchanged Monday, with 50 percent containment and 94 acres consumed. It began north of U.S. 6 in Spanish Fork Canyon.
222 Fire: Crews secured a perimeter around the fire Sunday night. The fire was reported 95 percent contained late Monday with full containment expected Tuesday. An estimated 1,631 acres have burned in the fire that began 15 miles south of Eureka in Juab County.
For more information visit utahfireinfo.gov
- Lehi airman pulls off 'Operation Surprise'...
- Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit offers chance to...
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going digital a...
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House...
- February deemed a snowpack savior for...
- Artifact vandalism near Moab a growing problem
- The story of a fish, a river and what's ahead...
- National, local businesses file briefs... 52
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 52
- Family of BYU student hit by car say... 39
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 32
- Attempt to raise minimum wage in Utah... 30
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 27
- Chase with alleged shoplifters ends in... 17
- Prison relocation resolution passes House 17