The Oral History Room is already making a difference in patrons’ lives, Jensen said. A few months ago, two women brought their father to the room. Because one of the women had traveled a great distance, the trio came in for 10 sessions in one week. That weekend, the father died unexpectedly.
“At least now they have 10 hours of video recordings of his life,” Jensen said. “You can’t put a price on what you take away. This is a valuable opportunity. Come see it. Once people sit down and see themselves, they love it and want to do it.”
Labrum has given the Oral History Room her full endorsement. It’s not just for old people either, she said.
“Younger people should do this too, while they can remember what has happened. When you get older some things aren’t as vivid,” Labrum said.
By recording your history, you can show your family “you weren’t just a cranky old person all your life,” she advised.
“I think everyone wants to know what their parents and grandparents went through, what things were like and what they felt. I think they want to hear the good things, the funny things, so they know you’re human,” she said. “This will give your family a feeling of unity it will foster more love and caring. I think it’s a marvelous thing.”
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: tbtoone
- LDS missionaries developing strategies to...
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach the...
- Christmas lights on Temple Square in pictures...
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered for...
- LDS growth in India draws media attention
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Mark Twain and Winston...
- Nelson Mandela's faith made him a worldwide...
- LDS missionaries developing strategies... 50
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 26
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional... 26
- Defending the Faith: 'Pleased as man... 22
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach... 21
- What's new: 'Women and the Priesthood'... 18
- Space and religion: How believers view... 13
- Tips for living: One woman's journey to... 9