Families expected back into threatened fire areas Monday morning
Crews totaled 200 people, including six hand crews, 11 engines and three helicopters. On Sunday, helicopters dropped retardant in addition to water over the blaze. A Type 3 Incident Command Team was called in to fight the flames that consumed 2,864 acres by Sunday night, according to Larry Lucas, United States Forest Service spokesperson.
Mt. Elmer Fire: In Logan, the Mt. Elmer Fire, sparked by lightning, had burned 61 acres. The fire was being monitored, but crews were not fighting it because of "higher priority fires elsewhere," according to Utah Fire information.
222 Fire: Fire crews worked to secure a perimeter around the 1,631 acre fire that burned 15 miles southwest of Eureka in Juab County, caused by lightning Friday. Fire crews worked with limited resources and battled difficult terrain and unpredictable winds, according to officials. It was 50 percent contained as of Sunday night, according to officials.
Santaquin Pole Fire: The fire ignited on Saturday in Pole Canyon, south of Santaquin and consumed 40 acres by Sunday evening. It was uncertain what percentage of this fire was contained. Tankers with flame retardant were working on the fire Sunday morning.
Tank Fire: At least 50 percent of the 94-acre fire that began north of Highway 6 in Spanish Fork Canyon, was contained as of Sunday evening.
Grace Fire: Lightning started this fire that burned 245 acres 12 miles north of Escalante.
Middle Creek Fire:Saturday night rain assisted crews which were fighting the lightning-caused fire that began Wednesday. It consumed 80 acres and had zero percent contained as of Sunday night. A 20-person crew and five-person squad were joined by three engines, one helicopter, two volunteer fire department water tenders and air personnel. Crews were helped by helicopter drops as they tried to create containment lines.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: whitevs7
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of...
- Photos: A photographic look at President Boyd...
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty to...
- Lagoon's Cannibal ride makes late but...
- Desire to serve: Even a gunshot couldn't keep...
- Elderly man hit, killed while changing tire
- Utah farmer turns alfalfa field into the...
- Two fires were purposely set at U. fraternity...
- Delta man staged hate crimes in a 'cry... 96
- LDS Church donates to Utah Pride... 61
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 41
- Support for law requiring sales tax for... 28
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of... 26
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty... 24
- Neil Flinders: Keeping track of school... 21
- U.S. Supreme Court overturns EPA's... 14