SANDY — Canyons School District will begin accepting applications next month from students wanting to take the test to participate in the SALTA magnet program for the 2014-15 school year.
Parents with students in kindergarten through fourth grade may apply to participate in the program, which stands for Supporting Advanced Learners Toward Achievement, as well as third-grade students who are currently in the program. Kindergarten students must meet the state standard for kindergarten age to be eligible to take the test.
The district will accept applications from Sept. 23 until midnight Oct. 25. Applications must be filed online at salta.canyonsdistrict.org. No late applications will be accepted.
Third-grade students who are currently enrolled in the program must be tested for continued eligibility for the program. Testing for all students will take place over a two-day block and will be about two hours on the first day and three hours on the second day.
The testing dates are Friday, Nov. 8, and Saturday, Nov. 9; and Friday, Nov. 15, and Saturday, Nov. 16.
Parents may want to consider testing their child for entry into SALTA if their child has an advanced vocabulary, asks many questions, has lots of ideas and is imaginative or is a strong reader.
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate legal...
- Body of missing hiker found above Alta
- Documents: Former teacher says he used to...
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald Trump...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Worthy of celebration: 99-year history of...
- Syracuse woman killed in Antelope Drive crash
- Work on Canyon Road in Spanish Fork underway
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 41
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 33
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate... 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe... 21