SANDY — Canyons School District will begin accepting applications next month from students wanting to take the test to participate in the SALTA magnet program for the 2014-15 school year.
Parents with students in kindergarten through fourth grade may apply to participate in the program, which stands for Supporting Advanced Learners Toward Achievement, as well as third-grade students who are currently in the program. Kindergarten students must meet the state standard for kindergarten age to be eligible to take the test.
The district will accept applications from Sept. 23 until midnight Oct. 25. Applications must be filed online at salta.canyonsdistrict.org. No late applications will be accepted.
Third-grade students who are currently enrolled in the program must be tested for continued eligibility for the program. Testing for all students will take place over a two-day block and will be about two hours on the first day and three hours on the second day.
The testing dates are Friday, Nov. 8, and Saturday, Nov. 9; and Friday, Nov. 15, and Saturday, Nov. 16.
Parents may want to consider testing their child for entry into SALTA if their child has an advanced vocabulary, asks many questions, has lots of ideas and is imaginative or is a strong reader.
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex marriage
- Utahns losing thousands of dollars to phony...
- Eagle Mountain residents told not to use city...
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 78
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 38
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 30
- Granite School District reaches... 20
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18
- Polygamous women dressed as ninjas... 11