SANDY — Canyons School District will begin accepting applications next month from students wanting to take the test to participate in the SALTA magnet program for the 2014-15 school year.
Parents with students in kindergarten through fourth grade may apply to participate in the program, which stands for Supporting Advanced Learners Toward Achievement, as well as third-grade students who are currently in the program. Kindergarten students must meet the state standard for kindergarten age to be eligible to take the test.
The district will accept applications from Sept. 23 until midnight Oct. 25. Applications must be filed online at salta.canyonsdistrict.org. No late applications will be accepted.
Third-grade students who are currently enrolled in the program must be tested for continued eligibility for the program. Testing for all students will take place over a two-day block and will be about two hours on the first day and three hours on the second day.
The testing dates are Friday, Nov. 8, and Saturday, Nov. 9; and Friday, Nov. 15, and Saturday, Nov. 16.
Parents may want to consider testing their child for entry into SALTA if their child has an advanced vocabulary, asks many questions, has lots of ideas and is imaginative or is a strong reader.
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Park City police nab pair suspected of...
- Rally in support of police also draws counter...
- Resting her case: Judge reflects on Cuban...
- Fire at Little America Hotel forces overnight...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 130
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 18
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9
- North Ogden to make Nativity display... 8