SANDY — Canyons School District will begin accepting applications next month from students wanting to take the test to participate in the SALTA magnet program for the 2014-15 school year.
Parents with students in kindergarten through fourth grade may apply to participate in the program, which stands for Supporting Advanced Learners Toward Achievement, as well as third-grade students who are currently in the program. Kindergarten students must meet the state standard for kindergarten age to be eligible to take the test.
The district will accept applications from Sept. 23 until midnight Oct. 25. Applications must be filed online at salta.canyonsdistrict.org. No late applications will be accepted.
Third-grade students who are currently enrolled in the program must be tested for continued eligibility for the program. Testing for all students will take place over a two-day block and will be about two hours on the first day and three hours on the second day.
The testing dates are Friday, Nov. 8, and Saturday, Nov. 9; and Friday, Nov. 15, and Saturday, Nov. 16.
Parents may want to consider testing their child for entry into SALTA if their child has an advanced vocabulary, asks many questions, has lots of ideas and is imaginative or is a strong reader.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Man wanted for questioning in Tooele fire...
- Venezuela presents details in weapons case...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 94
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 27
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 14
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10
- Appellate court upholds water rights... 8