SANDY — General Dynamics will be staffing a new call center with customer service representatives, supervisors, managers, quality specialists and trainers.
The company announced Friday that it is recruiting to fill 1,600 full- and part-time positions. Candidates are encouraged to apply online at www.gdit.com/careers, where they will find positions by entering keyword “Utah” in the job search engine.
The company will host a “family fun day” recruiting event on Aug. 31 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the call center, 8745 S. Sandy Parkway in Sandy.
Recruiters and hiring managers will also be on-site at General Dynamics Information Technology offices in Sandy during regular business hours to discuss current openings as well as applicants' background and experience.
Contracted by the Department of Health and Human Services’ Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, General Dynamics is a global company known for information technology, systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes into...
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 21
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 17
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 16
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12