Region 4 preview: Lone Peak the team to beat in region
2. Pleasant Grove: The Vikings will feature receiver Spencer Romney at receiver and TJ Wind at running back, but their real strength is along the offensive and defensive lines. Both lines are stocked with returning talent, led by state-champion wrestler, and BYU commit, Zac Dawe. 2012 RECORD: 6-5. PLAYOFFS: Lost 56-7 to Jordan in the first round.
3. Riverton: The Silverwolves will feature quarterback Connor Henderson, who will also play defensive back. They'll again go high-tempo on offense with a Wing-T system that has given opponents fits through the years. The Silverwolves are also anticipating big things from seniors LeGrand Toiaivao and Dallin Munger and juniors Cam Christiansen and junior Keaton Kimball — all four strong, athletic running backs. 2012 RECORD: 6-5. PLAYOFFS: Lost 27-14 to Alta in the first round.
4. American Fork: The Cavemen return two of the best playmakers in the state in receivers Jonah Trinnaman and Jade Luker. Jacen Condie will lead the offense while big things are expected from tight end Nate Heaps. Linebacker Riley Smith leads the defense along with defensive tackle Mason Price. 2012 RECORD: 3-7. PLAYOFFS: Did not qualify.
5. Herriman: Brandon Farmer will lead the team at running back with Conner Johnson looking poised to lead the team at receiver. Linebacker Ben Richard leads the defense and will be aided by defensive back Kody Jarvis and defensive lineman Kalisi Moli. 2012 RECORD: 8-3. PLAYOFFS: Lost 27-16 to East in the first round of the 4A playoffs.
6. Lehi: The Pioneers will be led by Ryan Absher and Derek Hastings at running back and Derik Beeston at quarterback. Absher and Hastings also look to play big roles on defense. 2012 RECORD: 2-8. PLAYOFFS: Did not qualify.
7. Westlake: The Thunder feature Gavin Williams at quarterback and speedster Robert Santiago at receiver. Starting linebackers Colton Fairbourn, Jack Harrell and Shea Hildebrandt are expected to be the leaders on defense. 2012 RECORD: 4-6. PLAYOFFS: Lost 35-0 to Woods Cross in the first round of the 4A playoffs.
- BYU players work out at Pro Day in hopes of...
- Former longtime Utah Jazz broadcaster Hot Rod...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes as...
- BYU football hosts 'Friday Night Lights'...
- Utah football: Booker's return lifts offense,...
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- Runnin' Utes take on Duke in Texas-sized venue
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date with...
- Utes to face Duke in the Sweet 16... 207
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 58
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill is making a... 31
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 27
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- It's Coach K vs. Coach K as Utah... 22
- Ogden chooses to play as an independent... 21