BYU announces 2013-14 non-conference men's basketball schedule
Ben Margot, ASSOCIATED PRESS
PROVO — Games against Stanford, Iowa State, Texas, UMass and Oregon and in-state foes Weber State, Utah State and Utah highlight BYU’s 2013-14 non-conference basketball schedule, which was released Thursday.
The Cougars will play games in Kansas City, Mo., and Springfield, Mass.
"This is a terrific non-conference schedule that will really help prepare our team for league play," said Cougars coach Dave Rose. "It's a compliment to our program to be invited to play in the College Basketball Experience Tournament. We will face many tests and teams from coast to coast. We are excited about the opportunities we have to play and look forward to preparing our team for the challenge."
BYU tips off the season at home on Friday, Nov. 8, against Weber State, which will be followed by a game at Stanford in the opener of the sixth-annual ESPN Tip-Off Marathon.
The Cougars will compete in the championship round of the CBE Hall of Fame Classic at the Sprint Center in Kansas City on Nov. 25-26. BYU meets Texas in the first game, then either Wichita State or DePaul the second night.
BYU faces Utah State at EnergySolutions Arena in Salt Lake City on Nov. 30. The Cougars visit Utah on Dec. 14 before closing out non-conference play with a game at Oregon on Dec. 21.
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big 12...
- Poll: Many Brazilians think Olympic Games...
- AP source: ACC, ESPN to launch ACC Network in...
- BYU and the Big 12: A timeline of events
- NCAA: No. 1 overall seed to choose tourney...
- IOC explores legal options on banning all...
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big... 125
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Morning links: National college... 72
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 55
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 52
- Big 12 Media Days social roundup:... 49
- Annual instate college basketball... 37