BYU announces 2013-14 non-conference men's basketball schedule
Ben Margot, ASSOCIATED PRESS
PROVO — Games against Stanford, Iowa State, Texas, UMass and Oregon and in-state foes Weber State, Utah State and Utah highlight BYU’s 2013-14 non-conference basketball schedule, which was released Thursday.
The Cougars will play games in Kansas City, Mo., and Springfield, Mass.
"This is a terrific non-conference schedule that will really help prepare our team for league play," said Cougars coach Dave Rose. "It's a compliment to our program to be invited to play in the College Basketball Experience Tournament. We will face many tests and teams from coast to coast. We are excited about the opportunities we have to play and look forward to preparing our team for the challenge."
BYU tips off the season at home on Friday, Nov. 8, against Weber State, which will be followed by a game at Stanford in the opener of the sixth-annual ESPN Tip-Off Marathon.
The Cougars will compete in the championship round of the CBE Hall of Fame Classic at the Sprint Center in Kansas City on Nov. 25-26. BYU meets Texas in the first game, then either Wichita State or DePaul the second night.
BYU faces Utah State at EnergySolutions Arena in Salt Lake City on Nov. 30. The Cougars visit Utah on Dec. 14 before closing out non-conference play with a game at Oregon on Dec. 21.
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- BYU falls to Memphis 55-48 in double overtime...
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Gordon Hayward happy to be moving on with...
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Cougars gain a lot over Final Four weekend...
- Utes capped comeback season with lopsided Las...
- BYU falls to Memphis 55-48 in double... 85
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 36
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 35
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars... 26