Mark Duncan, AP
Forbes.com released a list Wednesday, ranking the top ten most overpaid NFL players, and a familiar face came in near the top.
Former Utah standout Paul Kruger was listed at No. 4. Kruger made headlines when he signed a five-year $40M contract with the Cleveland Browns in March after winning the Super Bowl with the Ravens earlier this year.
Chris Smith, a reporter for Forbes' SportsMoney group, explained that every player's current average salary was cross-referenced with Pro-Football-Reference.com's Approximate Value method that evaluates players on their overall statistics. The players with the most money for the least performance were included on the list.
Two Minnesota Vikings’ claimed the top two spots on the list: fullback Jerome Felton and tight end John Carlson.
Here were the NFL's Most Overpaid Players in 2013 according to Forbes.com:
1. Jerome Felton, FB, Minnesota Vikings
2. John Carlson, TE, Minnesota Vikings
3. Ricky Jean-Francois, DT, Indianapolis Colts
4. Paul Kruger, LB, Cleveland Browns
5. Le'Ron McClain, FB, San Diego Chargers
6. Craig Stevens, TE, Tennessee Titans
7. Larry Fitzgerald, WR, Arizona Cardinals
8. Mario Williams, DE, Buffalo Bills
9. Orlando Scandrick, CB, Dallas Cowboys
10. Michael Koenen, P, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Brazil nabs 10 IS backers in Olympics...
- Oklahoma State forward Tyrek Coger dies after...
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Morning links: National college... 96
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 92
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 80
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 57
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 28
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of... 21