Mark Duncan, AP
Forbes.com released a list Wednesday, ranking the top ten most overpaid NFL players, and a familiar face came in near the top.
Former Utah standout Paul Kruger was listed at No. 4. Kruger made headlines when he signed a five-year $40M contract with the Cleveland Browns in March after winning the Super Bowl with the Ravens earlier this year.
Chris Smith, a reporter for Forbes' SportsMoney group, explained that every player's current average salary was cross-referenced with Pro-Football-Reference.com's Approximate Value method that evaluates players on their overall statistics. The players with the most money for the least performance were included on the list.
Two Minnesota Vikings’ claimed the top two spots on the list: fullback Jerome Felton and tight end John Carlson.
Here were the NFL's Most Overpaid Players in 2013 according to Forbes.com:
1. Jerome Felton, FB, Minnesota Vikings
2. John Carlson, TE, Minnesota Vikings
3. Ricky Jean-Francois, DT, Indianapolis Colts
4. Paul Kruger, LB, Cleveland Browns
5. Le'Ron McClain, FB, San Diego Chargers
6. Craig Stevens, TE, Tennessee Titans
7. Larry Fitzgerald, WR, Arizona Cardinals
8. Mario Williams, DE, Buffalo Bills
9. Orlando Scandrick, CB, Dallas Cowboys
10. Michael Koenen, P, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Morning links: Haws, Wright workout for NBA...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's unexpected NCAA qualifier...
- Guest commentary: Should the Jazz trade their...
- Syracuse sophomore Hunter Woodhall chases...
- His legacy at BYU secure, Tyler Haws...
- Gallery of champions: All 94 state...
- How to get a ballpark-like lawn (+video)
- Photo gallery: NFL players with local ties...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 120
- Morning links: BYU and Utah have games... 66
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 50
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team... 32
- Brad Rock: Tackle football for girls... 24
- Morning links: Haws, Wright workout for... 21
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 14
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner... 8