Mark Duncan, AP
Forbes.com released a list Wednesday, ranking the top ten most overpaid NFL players, and a familiar face came in near the top.
Former Utah standout Paul Kruger was listed at No. 4. Kruger made headlines when he signed a five-year $40M contract with the Cleveland Browns in March after winning the Super Bowl with the Ravens earlier this year.
Chris Smith, a reporter for Forbes' SportsMoney group, explained that every player's current average salary was cross-referenced with Pro-Football-Reference.com's Approximate Value method that evaluates players on their overall statistics. The players with the most money for the least performance were included on the list.
Two Minnesota Vikings’ claimed the top two spots on the list: fullback Jerome Felton and tight end John Carlson.
Here were the NFL's Most Overpaid Players in 2013 according to Forbes.com:
1. Jerome Felton, FB, Minnesota Vikings
2. John Carlson, TE, Minnesota Vikings
3. Ricky Jean-Francois, DT, Indianapolis Colts
4. Paul Kruger, LB, Cleveland Browns
5. Le'Ron McClain, FB, San Diego Chargers
6. Craig Stevens, TE, Tennessee Titans
7. Larry Fitzgerald, WR, Arizona Cardinals
8. Mario Williams, DE, Buffalo Bills
9. Orlando Scandrick, CB, Dallas Cowboys
10. Michael Koenen, P, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Perfect 10: Cavs stay unbeaten in postseason,...
- AP source: Lincecum completes $2.5 million...
- RSL's Kyle Beckerman named to USMNT's Copa...
- Exaggerator finally beats Nyquist, wins...
- DeRozan, Raptors end Cavaliers' streak with...
- 20 years ago: Utah Jazz drop heartbreaker to...
- 2 Indian climbers missing on Mount Everest...
- While Djokovic, Williams wait, Wawrinka gets...
- Morning links: Tanner Mangum an... 52
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 48
- Utah basketball adds Czech big man... 43
- Softball: Utah advances to regional... 34
- Utah defensive lineman reportedly... 23
- Utah softball beats Kentucky, 5-3, to... 16
- Video: 100 days until college football... 16
- Kyle Collinsworth to work out for... 9