Mark Duncan, AP
Forbes.com released a list Wednesday, ranking the top ten most overpaid NFL players, and a familiar face came in near the top.
Former Utah standout Paul Kruger was listed at No. 4. Kruger made headlines when he signed a five-year $40M contract with the Cleveland Browns in March after winning the Super Bowl with the Ravens earlier this year.
Chris Smith, a reporter for Forbes' SportsMoney group, explained that every player's current average salary was cross-referenced with Pro-Football-Reference.com's Approximate Value method that evaluates players on their overall statistics. The players with the most money for the least performance were included on the list.
Two Minnesota Vikings’ claimed the top two spots on the list: fullback Jerome Felton and tight end John Carlson.
Here were the NFL's Most Overpaid Players in 2013 according to Forbes.com:
1. Jerome Felton, FB, Minnesota Vikings
2. John Carlson, TE, Minnesota Vikings
3. Ricky Jean-Francois, DT, Indianapolis Colts
4. Paul Kruger, LB, Cleveland Browns
5. Le'Ron McClain, FB, San Diego Chargers
6. Craig Stevens, TE, Tennessee Titans
7. Larry Fitzgerald, WR, Arizona Cardinals
8. Mario Williams, DE, Buffalo Bills
9. Orlando Scandrick, CB, Dallas Cowboys
10. Michael Koenen, P, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- LDS faith helps keep things in perspective...
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- 2015 BYU Commits
- 2015 Utah Football Commits
- With Kyle Collinsworth out, BYU rebounds and...
- Faith and family are driving forces for LDS...
- BYU guard Tyler Haws passes Danny Ainge for...
- Best in class: Breaking down the recruiting...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 84
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 36
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 26
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain... 25