A study by Bankrate.com has caused quite a stir among the general public, and possibly some headaches among those in the public sector.
As the Deseret News recently reported, Bankrate reported that the average congressman retires more comfortably than most Americans. In fact, many Americans aren't ready for retirement at all. A study by the Employee Benefit Research Institute conducted this year showed that only 66 percent of all Americans have begun saving for retirement. That leaves 34 percent of American workers without any retirement savings.
Among those who are saving, retirement plans provided by their employers are often the largest helps to their future financial security.
In light of Bankrate's assessment of elected representatives, the Deseret News has compiled a list of some of the best jobs, both public and private, when it comes to retirement security.
- Renovation Solutions: 5 signs it is time to...
- It can cost you $12,000 a year to buy...
- How one woman unplugged from technology for...
- Why some handsome men have trouble finding work
- Why it's important to be yourself at work
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: A different view of the...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't be ashamed of...
- Can a company really be altruistic?
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't be ashamed of... 18
- What could McDonald's do to fix its... 11
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: A different view... 7
- How one woman unplugged from technology... 6
- It can cost you $12,000 a year to buy... 5
- Why some handsome men have trouble... 2
- Renovation Solutions: 5 signs it is... 1
- Why college matters more today than 20... 1