Infographic: Charting BYU, Utah and Utah State's defensive rankings since 1999
Among the big stories from the 2012 football season was that of BYU's stellar top-5 defense and USU's also impressive top-15 defense.
That got the Deseret News staff thinking: How have BYU, Utah and Utah State fared defensively over the years? We took a look back at the Football Bowl Subdivision rankings for total defense since 1999 and put BYU's, Utah's and USU's scores in this infographic.
Take note! The values for the rankings in this graphic are negative so that the better defenses appear at the top of the chart. The absolute value of the rankings are where each team actually finished (i.e. -11 becomes 11, -12 becomes 12, etc.).
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Utah football notes: Paul makes quite a splash
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU football report card: Special teams...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 127
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 81
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 58
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 52
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33