In the op-ed “Feminism evolves for a new era” published in Monday’s New York Daily News, columnist Stanley Crouch wrote that Huntsman is “redefining feminism for our time.”
“Huntsman wants the Republican Party, her Republican Party, to sensibly get with today, to tune out the extremists who have taken over the party,” Crouch continued.
Last week, media watchdog Mediaite gave kudos to Huntsman after she called out Fox News pundit Erick Erickson for derisively dubbing a Texas legislator “abortion Barbie.”
“It’s stupidity (Erickson) wants the people to get excited about that and rally behind him,” Huntsman said while being interviewed on Martin Bashir’s MSNBC program. “What he clearly doesn’t care about is the future of the Republican Party that clearly has a serious problem with women (because) that language isn’t going to invite women into the party.”
- Top 10 spring activities for Utah families
- Do moms need a purpose beyond motherhood?
- Can you name the celebrity voices behind...
- Film about man's crusade against child sex...
- 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' cast...
- John Lennon audio interviews surface on 'I'm...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir to carry on tradition...
- Students test interactive experiences ahead...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Tipping points:... 37
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 27
- Elizabeth Smart talks forgiveness and... 24
- Get married, stay married? No fault... 14
- Wright Words: Despite horrific fire,... 12
- 'Heaven is for Real' delivers a... 9
- Do moms need a purpose beyond motherhood? 8
- How early is too early for education? 6