In the op-ed “Feminism evolves for a new era” published in Monday’s New York Daily News, columnist Stanley Crouch wrote that Huntsman is “redefining feminism for our time.”
“Huntsman wants the Republican Party, her Republican Party, to sensibly get with today, to tune out the extremists who have taken over the party,” Crouch continued.
Last week, media watchdog Mediaite gave kudos to Huntsman after she called out Fox News pundit Erick Erickson for derisively dubbing a Texas legislator “abortion Barbie.”
“It’s stupidity (Erickson) wants the people to get excited about that and rally behind him,” Huntsman said while being interviewed on Martin Bashir’s MSNBC program. “What he clearly doesn’t care about is the future of the Republican Party that clearly has a serious problem with women (because) that language isn’t going to invite women into the party.”
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Mark Twain and Winston...
- Toddler basketball star, 'Trick-Shot-Titus,'...
- Flu season off and running in Utah; H1N1...
- Families celebrate Christmas traditions as...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on state...
- Genealogy: A journal has many uses
- Holiday video game guide: Something for...
- 4 recently released LDS picture books
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 117
- Federal website fixes allowing more... 44
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday... 16
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Mark Twain and... 9
- 'Sound of Music' hit a high note for... 8
- The Killers collaborates with Owen... 7
- Saving Africa? New book casts harsh... 6
- 'Caregiving' it all: When taking care... 5