Newly hired at MSNBC, Abby Huntsman already earning praise
In the op-ed “Feminism evolves for a new era” published in Monday’s New York Daily News, columnist Stanley Crouch wrote that Huntsman is “redefining feminism for our time.”
“Huntsman wants the Republican Party, her Republican Party, to sensibly get with today, to tune out the extremists who have taken over the party,” Crouch continued.
Last week, media watchdog Mediaite gave kudos to Huntsman after she called out Fox News pundit Erick Erickson for derisively dubbing a Texas legislator “abortion Barbie.”
“It’s stupidity (Erickson) wants the people to get excited about that and rally behind him,” Huntsman said while being interviewed on Martin Bashir’s MSNBC program. “What he clearly doesn’t care about is the future of the Republican Party that clearly has a serious problem with women (because) that language isn’t going to invite women into the party.”
- A father's bucket list: 10 things I want to...
- 5 underrated Disney movies
- Lexi Hansen forgives driver who hit her (+video)
- The top 10 dream colleges in 2015
- The Clean Cut: Time-lapse video captures...
- The Clean Cut: Mitt Romney, Jimmy Fallon...
- Motherhood Matters: When there is nothing...
- What makes marriage hard? These 5 things...
- 'Maternal feminists' defend motherhood... 54
- What makes marriage hard? These 5... 18
- 5 underrated Disney movies 14
- The Clean Cut: Mitt Romney, Jimmy... 9
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Baby boomers,... 6
- Teens may be even more distracted... 4
- What accounts for the cinematic... 3
- The Clean Cut: BYU students' video... 2