4 local senior college football players on NFL.com's 'Hot 100 seniors' list
NFL.com is already looking at college seniors who will be up for next year's draft.
On the website Hot 100 seniors list, four players from the state of Utah made the cut. Leading the pack was Utah defensive end Trevor Reilly at No. 13.
NFL.com senior analyst Gil Brandt said Reilly will likely be an outside linebacker in the NFL if he is drafted. Reilly led the Utes in tackles last year with 69 while recording 4.5 sacks.
The other local players to make the list were BYU wide receiver Cody Hoffman (No. 41), Utah State center Tyler Larsen (No. 65) and BYU outside linebacker Kyle Van Noy (No. 74).
Brandt said Hoffman will catch just about everything thrown his way, especially with Taysom Hill at the helm of the offense. Last season, Hoffman reached the century mark of catches for 1,248 yards and 11 touchdowns.
Larsen and Van Noy are also veterans on their respective teams and are sure to bring leadership to the field.
Read the full story Hot 100 seniors: OTs Jake Matthews, Taylor Lewan rank at top on NFL.com.
Whitney O'Bannon is a new media sports writer for the Deseret News. Follow on Twitter at @whitney_oban.
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Midseason recap and awards for BYU and Utah
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU preparing...
- Utah Jazz give key starters a break in 98-91...
- Booker-ing ram and broken dreams: Midseason...
- Amy Donaldson: Not deciding on a starting...
- Report: Former BYU receiver Cody Hoffman to...
- Utes continue Pac-12 'meat grinder' with...
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 46
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 32
- Peavler: Penalties out of control at BYU 28
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 27
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 25