4 local senior college football players on NFL.com's 'Hot 100 seniors' list
NFL.com is already looking at college seniors who will be up for next year's draft.
On the website Hot 100 seniors list, four players from the state of Utah made the cut. Leading the pack was Utah defensive end Trevor Reilly at No. 13.
NFL.com senior analyst Gil Brandt said Reilly will likely be an outside linebacker in the NFL if he is drafted. Reilly led the Utes in tackles last year with 69 while recording 4.5 sacks.
The other local players to make the list were BYU wide receiver Cody Hoffman (No. 41), Utah State center Tyler Larsen (No. 65) and BYU outside linebacker Kyle Van Noy (No. 74).
Brandt said Hoffman will catch just about everything thrown his way, especially with Taysom Hill at the helm of the offense. Last season, Hoffman reached the century mark of catches for 1,248 yards and 11 touchdowns.
Larsen and Van Noy are also veterans on their respective teams and are sure to bring leadership to the field.
Read the full story Hot 100 seniors: OTs Jake Matthews, Taylor Lewan rank at top on NFL.com.
Whitney O'Bannon is a new media sports writer for the Deseret News. Follow on Twitter at @whitney_oban.
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 63
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 32
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU's suspended players expected to be... 28