4 local senior college football players on NFL.com's 'Hot 100 seniors' list
NFL.com is already looking at college seniors who will be up for next year's draft.
On the website Hot 100 seniors list, four players from the state of Utah made the cut. Leading the pack was Utah defensive end Trevor Reilly at No. 13.
NFL.com senior analyst Gil Brandt said Reilly will likely be an outside linebacker in the NFL if he is drafted. Reilly led the Utes in tackles last year with 69 while recording 4.5 sacks.
The other local players to make the list were BYU wide receiver Cody Hoffman (No. 41), Utah State center Tyler Larsen (No. 65) and BYU outside linebacker Kyle Van Noy (No. 74).
Brandt said Hoffman will catch just about everything thrown his way, especially with Taysom Hill at the helm of the offense. Last season, Hoffman reached the century mark of catches for 1,248 yards and 11 touchdowns.
Larsen and Van Noy are also veterans on their respective teams and are sure to bring leadership to the field.
Read the full story Hot 100 seniors: OTs Jake Matthews, Taylor Lewan rank at top on NFL.com.
Whitney O'Bannon is a new media sports writer for the Deseret News. Follow on Twitter at @whitney_oban.
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- BYU upsets Texas, Cougars will play for...
- Utah Jazz pick up rare road win against Miami...
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in University...
- Jazz center Rudy Gobert gets pushy with...
- BYU running back Adam Hine enjoying Miami...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 68
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 51
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 49
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 37
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 31
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 29