4 local senior college football players on NFL.com's 'Hot 100 seniors' list
NFL.com is already looking at college seniors who will be up for next year's draft.
On the website Hot 100 seniors list, four players from the state of Utah made the cut. Leading the pack was Utah defensive end Trevor Reilly at No. 13.
NFL.com senior analyst Gil Brandt said Reilly will likely be an outside linebacker in the NFL if he is drafted. Reilly led the Utes in tackles last year with 69 while recording 4.5 sacks.
The other local players to make the list were BYU wide receiver Cody Hoffman (No. 41), Utah State center Tyler Larsen (No. 65) and BYU outside linebacker Kyle Van Noy (No. 74).
Brandt said Hoffman will catch just about everything thrown his way, especially with Taysom Hill at the helm of the offense. Last season, Hoffman reached the century mark of catches for 1,248 yards and 11 touchdowns.
Larsen and Van Noy are also veterans on their respective teams and are sure to bring leadership to the field.
Read the full story Hot 100 seniors: OTs Jake Matthews, Taylor Lewan rank at top on NFL.com.
Whitney O'Bannon is a new media sports writer for the Deseret News. Follow on Twitter at @whitney_oban.
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- NHL coming to Las Vegas; New team to start...
- Massive crowd engulfs Cleveland, champion...
- Chile beats Colombia 2-0 to return to Copa...
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 81
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 31
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 27
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 14