I know many of us can relate to these types of unfortunate circumstances on a personal level. It could be that we have been betrayed by a loved one. Perhaps we have children or other relatives who have harmed or disappointed us. We may have been abused emotionally, sexually, mentally or physically. Some of us may have lost loved ones, lost children or lost the spirit. We may feel depressed or hopeless. Perhaps our minds are troubled with worrisome doubts and paralyzing fear. Some of us might feel unloved and unappreciated by those closest to us.
All of these hardships (and many others unmentioned) are wounds that pierce an aching heart. In addition to the pain and anguish they cause, these struggles also hold us back from growing into the beautiful creation we were meant to be.
What then can we do to remove or lessen the pain these maladies bring into our lives?
The answer once again is to call upon God, asking him to eliminate our burdens and pain.
As a loving, all-powerful God, he can lighten our heavy loads, heal our broken hearts, and sweep our minds clear of the terrible things that bring us sorrow and misery in this life.
Accept the Lord’s blessing of light, of nourishment and most importantly, of a greater level of inner peace in the beautiful gardens that represent our earthly experience through all of the days of our lives.
Editor's note: This was originally given as a talk to the women of the Roy North Utah Stake.
Alan E. Hall is a co-founding managing director of Mercato Partners, a regionally focused growth capital investment firm. He founded Grow Utah Ventures, is the founder of MarketStar Corp. and is chairman of the Utah Technology Council.
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- LDS Church to break ground next month for...
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest?
- New study: Mormon pioneers were safer on trek...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- Researching Family History: It's a day of a...
- LDS leaders picture quiz: Can you name that...
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby...
- New study: Mormon pioneers were safer... 67
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby... 47
- What does the Mormon 'temperature'... 38
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest? 32
- Obama will sign order barring gay,... 26
- LDS Church to break ground next month... 16
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- What would Jesus buy? New website helps... 14