Video: Utah State football team embraces a boy on his birthday
When the Utah State football team caught wind of a young boy's birthday, the whole team embraced him.
Local fan Jenna Eskelson posted a video of the Aggies singing "happy birthday" to her younger brother Tyson. Her post read, "I took my little brother to USU to watch the football team practice for his birthday and this is what happened!"
Utah State coach Matt Wells said he heard it was Tyson's birthday and wanted to bring him on the field to meet the team. Before the young boy knew what was happening, the team began serenading him.
The community and fans play a huge role in Utah State's success. Wells said the "small, small gesture" was a simple way to give back to the community.
The video shows that even the smallest showing of love and appreciation for fans goes a long way.
Whitney O'Bannon is a new media sports writer for the Deseret News. Follow on Twitter at @whitney_oban.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 123
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 28
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21