Video: Utah State football team embraces a boy on his birthday
When the Utah State football team caught wind of a young boy's birthday, the whole team embraced him.
Local fan Jenna Eskelson posted a video of the Aggies singing "happy birthday" to her younger brother Tyson. Her post read, "I took my little brother to USU to watch the football team practice for his birthday and this is what happened!"
Utah State coach Matt Wells said he heard it was Tyson's birthday and wanted to bring him on the field to meet the team. Before the young boy knew what was happening, the team began serenading him.
The community and fans play a huge role in Utah State's success. Wells said the "small, small gesture" was a simple way to give back to the community.
The video shows that even the smallest showing of love and appreciation for fans goes a long way.
Whitney O'Bannon is a new media sports writer for the Deseret News. Follow on Twitter at @whitney_oban.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- High school football: Hunter Wolverines 2015...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 113
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 27
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 22
- Whittingham says Hatfield is still... 21