Video: Utah State football team embraces a boy on his birthday
When the Utah State football team caught wind of a young boy's birthday, the whole team embraced him.
Local fan Jenna Eskelson posted a video of the Aggies singing "happy birthday" to her younger brother Tyson. Her post read, "I took my little brother to USU to watch the football team practice for his birthday and this is what happened!"
Utah State coach Matt Wells said he heard it was Tyson's birthday and wanted to bring him on the field to meet the team. Before the young boy knew what was happening, the team began serenading him.
The community and fans play a huge role in Utah State's success. Wells said the "small, small gesture" was a simple way to give back to the community.
The video shows that even the smallest showing of love and appreciation for fans goes a long way.
Whitney O'Bannon is a new media sports writer for the Deseret News. Follow on Twitter at @whitney_oban.
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- High school football: Royals rock Grizzlies...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 72
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33