Video: Utah State football team embraces a boy on his birthday
When the Utah State football team caught wind of a young boy's birthday, the whole team embraced him.
Local fan Jenna Eskelson posted a video of the Aggies singing "happy birthday" to her younger brother Tyson. Her post read, "I took my little brother to USU to watch the football team practice for his birthday and this is what happened!"
Utah State coach Matt Wells said he heard it was Tyson's birthday and wanted to bring him on the field to meet the team. Before the young boy knew what was happening, the team began serenading him.
The community and fans play a huge role in Utah State's success. Wells said the "small, small gesture" was a simple way to give back to the community.
The video shows that even the smallest showing of love and appreciation for fans goes a long way.
Whitney O'Bannon is a new media sports writer for the Deseret News. Follow on Twitter at @whitney_oban.
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Utah football: Delshawn McClellon announces...
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- High school wrestling: Perennial powers...
- Utah State's Evans has been on a 'long journey'
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 103
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 34
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 30
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 24