SALT LAKE CITY — The University of Utah picked up its ninth commitment from the class of 2014 with the announcement of receiver Jeremy McNichols on Friday afternoon.
McNichols, a two-star prospect out of Santa Margarita Catholic High in California, recently transferred from Lakewood High, where he had 30 receptions for 414 yards and five touchdowns as a junior.
At the time of commitment, McNichols also held an offer from Colorado State. He’s 5-foot-10 and 180 pounds and is the first player from California to verbally commit to the Utes in this class.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- Utah Jazz: Red-hot Jazz shock the Kings, 122-101
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Mountain View hires former Timpview head...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 99
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 80
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 69
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 51
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34