Police arrest man charged with rape, impersonating officer
Suspect was kidnapped when 9 years old, police confirm
WEST VALLEY CITY — A man charged with raping a woman he met through a dating service and impersonating a police officer has been arrested.
CJ Christiansen, 28, was charged Wednesday in 3rd District Court with rape, aggravated kidnapping, aggravated robbery, aggravated burglary and forcible sodomy, all first-degree felonies; as well as forcible sexual abuse, a second-degree felony; and impersonating a peace officer, a class B misdemeanor. A warrant was issued then for his arrest.
Thursday, West Valley police's special investigations unit received information that he was staying at a Salt Lake-area motel, said Sgt. Jason Hauer. By 5:45 p.m., investigators located a vehicle registered to one of Christiansen's family members parked at the Best Western, 280 W. 7200 South.
After setting up surveillance on the motel, Christiansen eventually walked out and was arrested without incident, Hauer said.
Christiansen is accused of raping a woman he met through a telephonic dating service on July 1, according to court records.
After going to the woman's house, Christiansen claimed he was a police officer and was going to arrest her for prostitution, Hauer said. He handcuffed his victim and told her she was under arrest, but then said he could "work with her" before he sexually assaulted her, charging documents state.
Christiansen allegedly raped the woman and told her he needed cash to take back to his supervisor. The woman called 911 immediately after he left.
In 1994 when Christiansen was 9, he was in the news when he was kidnapped by a convicted child molester who took him from his grandmother's West Valley neighborhood to Idaho.
- Prison inmates start hunger strike, demand...
- Teens arrested, rancher cleared after...
- Payson woman found dead in duffel bag near...
- Duct tape prom attire earns Utah teens $5,000...
- Family touched by tragedy gives back to Orem...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Salt Lake City mayor's spokesman placed on...
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay...
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 143
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 69
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 48
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay... 36
- Salt Lake protesters take their message... 18
- Prison inmates start hunger strike,... 18
- Gov. Herbert tours state prison to... 16
- Herbert says new Medicaid expansion... 11