Woman dies after apparently falling off Walker Center
SALT LAKE CITY — Homicide detectives Friday were investigating the suspicious death of a woman who may have fallen 10 stories off the top of the Walker Center building's parking structure.
Just before 1:30 a.m., a man and 26-year-old Emily Martinez left a club together and went to the parking structure at the 20-story Walker Center, 175 S. Main. The man began scaling down the side of the parking structure, said Salt Lake City police detective Dennis McGowan.
When the man realized Martinez wasn't with him, he went back to find her. He eventually located her body on the sidewalk next to the building, McGowan said. Because no one witnessed her fall, the death was being treated as suspicious and the homicide unit was called out, he said.
- Precedents — and exceptions — to...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- Man injured in police shooting identified
- Missing 18-month-old Layton boy found...
- 'Teacherpreneur,' a new role in the world of...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- New Medicaid expansion plan unveiled to... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 24
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19
- Chris Stewart endorses presidential... 18