18-month-old Provo girl killed in driveway accident
Shara Park, Deseret News
PROVO — An 18-month-old Provo girl was killed Thursday after she was accidentally run over near her driveway.
The accident happened about 8:20 p.m. The girl's father was moving his SUV and trailer from the front curb to the side of his house, according to Provo police. The trailer was filled with concrete and dirt.
The young girl was with other children on the front porch of the house when she apparently walked away unnoticed, said Provo Police Lt. Mathew Siufanua. The mother thought the toddler was with the father and the father thought she was with the mother.
As the father pulled the vehicle and trailer forward, he felt a bump but didn't think anything of it at the time because of the rocky yard he was driving on, Siufanua said. The child, who was run over by one of the trailer wheels, was found deceased a short time later by the mother.
Provo police said victim advocates were sent to the house Thursday night to assist the family in dealing with the tragedy.
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage' behind...
- Body in suitcase is not missing Provo woman,...
- Wedding put on hold after BYU student kicked...
- 11 signs you're a Jeep driver
- Opposing sides of same-sex marriage... 125
- Outcome of same-sex marriage case hard... 54
- Stewart, Bishop launch group to take... 38
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 27
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- LDS Church donates $100,000 to combat... 19
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 14