18-month-old Provo girl killed in driveway accident
Shara Park, Deseret News
PROVO — An 18-month-old Provo girl was killed Thursday after she was accidentally run over near her driveway.
The accident happened about 8:20 p.m. The girl's father was moving his SUV and trailer from the front curb to the side of his house, according to Provo police. The trailer was filled with concrete and dirt.
The young girl was with other children on the front porch of the house when she apparently walked away unnoticed, said Provo Police Lt. Mathew Siufanua. The mother thought the toddler was with the father and the father thought she was with the mother.
As the father pulled the vehicle and trailer forward, he felt a bump but didn't think anything of it at the time because of the rocky yard he was driving on, Siufanua said. The child, who was run over by one of the trailer wheels, was found deceased a short time later by the mother.
Provo police said victim advocates were sent to the house Thursday night to assist the family in dealing with the tragedy.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Utah crafting rules for spending on water,...
- Utah city condemns Confederate flag display...
- Another first: Utah caretaker contracts Zika...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Payson to hold hearing on proposed tax increase
- UDOT plans to upgrade Redwood Road in...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 27
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 14