18-month-old Provo girl killed in driveway accident
Shara Park, Deseret News
PROVO — An 18-month-old Provo girl was killed Thursday after she was accidentally run over near her driveway.
The accident happened about 8:20 p.m. The girl's father was moving his SUV and trailer from the front curb to the side of his house, according to Provo police. The trailer was filled with concrete and dirt.
The young girl was with other children on the front porch of the house when she apparently walked away unnoticed, said Provo Police Lt. Mathew Siufanua. The mother thought the toddler was with the father and the father thought she was with the mother.
As the father pulled the vehicle and trailer forward, he felt a bump but didn't think anything of it at the time because of the rocky yard he was driving on, Siufanua said. The child, who was run over by one of the trailer wheels, was found deceased a short time later by the mother.
Provo police said victim advocates were sent to the house Thursday night to assist the family in dealing with the tragedy.
- Parade spectators celebrate pioneers past and...
- A photographic look back at the Days of '47...
- Rare cancer treatment leaves Provo teen hopeful
- Head-on collision kills 2, injures 3 in Eagle...
- Student attitudes changing on healthy school...
- See what the pioneers thought, felt as they...
- Missouri hiker found dead in hot Wayne County...
- Draper house explodes into flames (+videos)
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 46
- Union Pacific train makes special... 15
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 15
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 14
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 13
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at... 13
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- New solar panels are symbol of the... 11