Logan man run over, killed in Lake Powell boating accident
Ray Grass, Deseret Morning News
PAGE, Ariz.— A Logan man was killed in a boating accident in a remote area of Lake Powell Thursday.
About 8 p.m., near the Dangling Rope Marina, David Hinton, 23, was at the front of a boat when he was tossed from the vessel after the boat struck a shallow rock. He was then run over by the boat he was ejected from, said Utah State Parks spokesman Eugene Swalberg.
Hinton was pronounced dead at the scene.
Swalberg warned boaters to maneuver more cautiously with the low water levels at Lake Powell.
"You need to adjust your operating speed of the boat and become more familiar with the area you are boating in," Swalberg said. "It happened near sunset so you need to be more cautious with low water and low light."
— Pat Reavy
- Parade spectators celebrate pioneers past and...
- A photographic look back at the Days of '47...
- Rare cancer treatment leaves Provo teen hopeful
- Student attitudes changing on healthy school...
- Head-on collision kills 2, injures 3 in Eagle...
- Draper house explodes into flames (+videos)
- Missouri hiker found dead in hot Wayne County...
- See what the pioneers thought, felt as they...
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 46
- Union Pacific train makes special... 15
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 15
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 14
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 13
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at... 13
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- New solar panels are symbol of the... 11