Logan man run over, killed in Lake Powell boating accident
Ray Grass, Deseret Morning News
PAGE, Ariz.— A Logan man was killed in a boating accident in a remote area of Lake Powell Thursday.
About 8 p.m., near the Dangling Rope Marina, David Hinton, 23, was at the front of a boat when he was tossed from the vessel after the boat struck a shallow rock. He was then run over by the boat he was ejected from, said Utah State Parks spokesman Eugene Swalberg.
Hinton was pronounced dead at the scene.
Swalberg warned boaters to maneuver more cautiously with the low water levels at Lake Powell.
"You need to adjust your operating speed of the boat and become more familiar with the area you are boating in," Swalberg said. "It happened near sunset so you need to be more cautious with low water and low light."
— Pat Reavy
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close South...
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence of...
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- Two rescued after falling through ice at...
- Driver in DUI crash that maimed 11-year-old...
- Got an emergency? You can now text 911 in 3...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 39
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 28
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Report: Communication breakdowns... 10
- About Utah: Selling bikes the... 7