Logan man run over, killed in Lake Powell boating accident
Ray Grass, Deseret Morning News
PAGE, Ariz.— A Logan man was killed in a boating accident in a remote area of Lake Powell Thursday.
About 8 p.m., near the Dangling Rope Marina, David Hinton, 23, was at the front of a boat when he was tossed from the vessel after the boat struck a shallow rock. He was then run over by the boat he was ejected from, said Utah State Parks spokesman Eugene Swalberg.
Hinton was pronounced dead at the scene.
Swalberg warned boaters to maneuver more cautiously with the low water levels at Lake Powell.
"You need to adjust your operating speed of the boat and become more familiar with the area you are boating in," Swalberg said. "It happened near sunset so you need to be more cautious with low water and low light."
— Pat Reavy
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested for...
- Candlelight vigil held for critically injured...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- Two arrested in SLC homicide investigation
- Former Ute, NFL player brings holiday cheer...
- Driver allegedly causes accident on I-15,...
- What does a letter grade mean for my child's...
- A year later, a look at the Utah... 94
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 36
- Anti-police protests tie up traffic on... 33
- What does a letter grade mean for my... 19
- Couples celebrate one-year anniversary... 19
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utah lawmakers recommend lowest-cost... 16
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary... 13