Logan man run over, killed in Lake Powell boating accident
Ray Grass, Deseret Morning News
PAGE, Ariz.— A Logan man was killed in a boating accident in a remote area of Lake Powell Thursday.
About 8 p.m., near the Dangling Rope Marina, David Hinton, 23, was at the front of a boat when he was tossed from the vessel after the boat struck a shallow rock. He was then run over by the boat he was ejected from, said Utah State Parks spokesman Eugene Swalberg.
Hinton was pronounced dead at the scene.
Swalberg warned boaters to maneuver more cautiously with the low water levels at Lake Powell.
"You need to adjust your operating speed of the boat and become more familiar with the area you are boating in," Swalberg said. "It happened near sunset so you need to be more cautious with low water and low light."
— Pat Reavy
- Prison inmates start hunger strike, demand...
- One year later: Slow movement on slide repairs
- Teens arrested, rancher cleared after...
- Payson woman found dead in duffel bag near...
- What went right: How one Orem family turned...
- Salt Lake County cities, school districts...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Herriman man says his brain tumor felt like a...
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 144
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 48
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay... 36
- Prison inmates start hunger strike,... 28
- Salt Lake protesters take their message... 18
- Gov. Herbert tours state prison to... 16
- Salt Lake County cities, school... 15
- Teens arrested, rancher cleared after... 11