Logan man run over, killed in Lake Powell boating accident
Ray Grass, Deseret Morning News
PAGE, Ariz.— A Logan man was killed in a boating accident in a remote area of Lake Powell Thursday.
About 8 p.m., near the Dangling Rope Marina, David Hinton, 23, was at the front of a boat when he was tossed from the vessel after the boat struck a shallow rock. He was then run over by the boat he was ejected from, said Utah State Parks spokesman Eugene Swalberg.
Hinton was pronounced dead at the scene.
Swalberg warned boaters to maneuver more cautiously with the low water levels at Lake Powell.
"You need to adjust your operating speed of the boat and become more familiar with the area you are boating in," Swalberg said. "It happened near sunset so you need to be more cautious with low water and low light."
— Pat Reavy
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks judge not...
- Elder L. Tom Perry — an 'uncommon' life...
- 14 things you didn't know about dreams
- Teen injured in Memorial Day crash dies
- 2 killed in auto accident on I-80 in Summit...
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- Tino, the king of Hogle Zoo's jungle, is...
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 42
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 42
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks... 30
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 24
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17