Logan man run over, killed in Lake Powell boating accident
Ray Grass, Deseret Morning News
PAGE, Ariz.— A Logan man was killed in a boating accident in a remote area of Lake Powell Thursday.
About 8 p.m., near the Dangling Rope Marina, David Hinton, 23, was at the front of a boat when he was tossed from the vessel after the boat struck a shallow rock. He was then run over by the boat he was ejected from, said Utah State Parks spokesman Eugene Swalberg.
Hinton was pronounced dead at the scene.
Swalberg warned boaters to maneuver more cautiously with the low water levels at Lake Powell.
"You need to adjust your operating speed of the boat and become more familiar with the area you are boating in," Swalberg said. "It happened near sunset so you need to be more cautious with low water and low light."
— Pat Reavy
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Wyoming authorities to speak about Utah rail...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Utah man building Disneyland out of Legos...
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a...
- Fruit Heights to shut off water system...
- Deerlodge Road to undergo $5.6M in improvements
- 8 Utahns given Bronze Minuteman Awards
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 35
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 34
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25