SALT LAKE CITY — One person was killed and another was critically injured in a traffic accident Friday morning on 600 South.
The accident happened about 5:20 a.m. at the intersection of 600 South and West Temple between a sedan and a pickup. A passenger in the sedan was killed in the accident. The car's driver was hospitalized in critical condition. The driver of the truck was not injured. No names were released.
But hours later, investigators did not know how the two collided or if they hit head-on or if one vehicle T-boned the other, said Salt Lake police detective Veronica Montoya. One vehicle reportedly hit a light pole after the car accident, but Montoya said she could not confirm that.
Portions of 600 South remained closed at 200 West and West Temple was closed at 700 South for several hours as Salt Lake police investigated the accident during the morning commute.
- Parade spectators celebrate pioneers past and...
- A photographic look back at the Days of '47...
- Draper house explodes into flames (+videos)
- Student attitudes changing on healthy school...
- Head-on collision kills 2, injures 3 in Eagle...
- Rare cancer treatment leaves Provo teen hopeful
- Missouri hiker found dead in hot Wayne County...
- See what the pioneers thought, felt as they...
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 46
- Union Pacific train makes special... 15
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 15
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 14
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 13
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at... 13
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- New solar panels are symbol of the... 11