SALT LAKE CITY — One person was killed and another was critically injured in a traffic accident Friday morning on 600 South.
The accident happened about 5:20 a.m. at the intersection of 600 South and West Temple between a sedan and a pickup. A passenger in the sedan was killed in the accident. The car's driver was hospitalized in critical condition. The driver of the truck was not injured. No names were released.
But hours later, investigators did not know how the two collided or if they hit head-on or if one vehicle T-boned the other, said Salt Lake police detective Veronica Montoya. One vehicle reportedly hit a light pole after the car accident, but Montoya said she could not confirm that.
Portions of 600 South remained closed at 200 West and West Temple was closed at 700 South for several hours as Salt Lake police investigated the accident during the morning commute.
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 160
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 83
- Police release names of officers... 37
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 34
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17