SALT LAKE CITY — One person was killed and another was critically injured in a traffic accident Friday morning on 600 South.
The accident happened about 5:20 a.m. at the intersection of 600 South and West Temple between a sedan and a pickup. A passenger in the sedan was killed in the accident. The car's driver was hospitalized in critical condition. The driver of the truck was not injured. No names were released.
But hours later, investigators did not know how the two collided or if they hit head-on or if one vehicle T-boned the other, said Salt Lake police detective Veronica Montoya. One vehicle reportedly hit a light pole after the car accident, but Montoya said she could not confirm that.
Portions of 600 South remained closed at 200 West and West Temple was closed at 700 South for several hours as Salt Lake police investigated the accident during the morning commute.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- Long-awaited Jeremy Johnson fraud trial kicks...
- Ex-social worker to plead guilty to sex with...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 55
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 36
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 12