SALT LAKE CITY — One person was killed and another was critically injured in a traffic accident Friday morning on 600 South.
The accident happened about 5:20 a.m. at the intersection of 600 South and West Temple between a sedan and a pickup. A passenger in the sedan was killed in the accident. The car's driver was hospitalized in critical condition. The driver of the truck was not injured. No names were released.
But hours later, investigators did not know how the two collided or if they hit head-on or if one vehicle T-boned the other, said Salt Lake police detective Veronica Montoya. One vehicle reportedly hit a light pole after the car accident, but Montoya said she could not confirm that.
Portions of 600 South remained closed at 200 West and West Temple was closed at 700 South for several hours as Salt Lake police investigated the accident during the morning commute.
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Video of school bus driver shows 'bizarre'...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding' with...
- Settlement in dog shooting case reached, then...
- Republican, Democratic political... 37
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 20
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 19
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 17
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for... 13