SALT LAKE CITY — One person was killed and another was critically injured in a traffic accident Friday morning on 600 South.
The accident happened about 5:20 a.m. at the intersection of 600 South and West Temple between a sedan and a pickup. A passenger in the sedan was killed in the accident. The car's driver was hospitalized in critical condition. The driver of the truck was not injured. No names were released.
But hours later, investigators did not know how the two collided or if they hit head-on or if one vehicle T-boned the other, said Salt Lake police detective Veronica Montoya. One vehicle reportedly hit a light pole after the car accident, but Montoya said she could not confirm that.
Portions of 600 South remained closed at 200 West and West Temple was closed at 700 South for several hours as Salt Lake police investigated the accident during the morning commute.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Pleasant View fire contained Saturday;...
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- Holladay woman dies rock climbing in Maple...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 17
- Two Utah schools under federal... 13