Utah Utes football: ESPN's Kevin Gemmell previews the Utes' 2013 season
Ravell Call, Deseret News
Thursday morning, ESPN's Pac-12 blog released its take on the Utes heading into the 2013 season.
ESPN writer Kevin Gemmell said, "marked improvement is expected." This is mainly due to fixing the offensive line and combating injuries that plagued Utah last season.
He also said the Utes' biggest question heading into the season is the defensive line. With the absence of Star Lotulelei and Joe Kruger, Utah has big shoes to fill on the line.
Another question intriguing the national audience is the Utes' revamped offense with the edition of co-offensive coordinator Dennis Erickson. The horrid 190.7 average passing yards per game might be in the past, but only if Travis Wilson grows into his role at starting quarterback.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 86
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 35
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33