Utah Utes football: ESPN's Kevin Gemmell previews the Utes' 2013 season
Ravell Call, Deseret News
Thursday morning, ESPN's Pac-12 blog released its take on the Utes heading into the 2013 season.
ESPN writer Kevin Gemmell said, "marked improvement is expected." This is mainly due to fixing the offensive line and combating injuries that plagued Utah last season.
He also said the Utes' biggest question heading into the season is the defensive line. With the absence of Star Lotulelei and Joe Kruger, Utah has big shoes to fill on the line.
Another question intriguing the national audience is the Utes' revamped offense with the edition of co-offensive coordinator Dennis Erickson. The horrid 190.7 average passing yards per game might be in the past, but only if Travis Wilson grows into his role at starting quarterback.
- ACC media days has some interesting tidbits...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to expand,...
- Some fringe Jazz players opened eyes in Vegas
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is an...
- High school football: Top 25 preseason rankings
- Off on the right foot: BYU Cougars looking...
- Former BYU defensive lineman Eathyn...
- Brain injury changes the lives and tests the...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 182
- Report: Former BYU guard Jimmer... 73
- BYU freshman linebacker reportedly... 72
- BYU's Jamaal Williams, Utah State's Joe... 58
- Peavler: Arizona vice president of... 52
- ACC media days has some interesting... 37
- Brad Rock: Decades later, equality... 30
- Watch list roundup: 22 local players... 27