Utah Utes football: ESPN's Kevin Gemmell previews the Utes' 2013 season
Ravell Call, Deseret News
Thursday morning, ESPN's Pac-12 blog released its take on the Utes heading into the 2013 season.
ESPN writer Kevin Gemmell said, "marked improvement is expected." This is mainly due to fixing the offensive line and combating injuries that plagued Utah last season.
He also said the Utes' biggest question heading into the season is the defensive line. With the absence of Star Lotulelei and Joe Kruger, Utah has big shoes to fill on the line.
Another question intriguing the national audience is the Utes' revamped offense with the edition of co-offensive coordinator Dennis Erickson. The horrid 190.7 average passing yards per game might be in the past, but only if Travis Wilson grows into his role at starting quarterback.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26