Utah Utes football: ESPN's Kevin Gemmell previews the Utes' 2013 season
Ravell Call, Deseret News
Thursday morning, ESPN's Pac-12 blog released its take on the Utes heading into the 2013 season.
ESPN writer Kevin Gemmell said, "marked improvement is expected." This is mainly due to fixing the offensive line and combating injuries that plagued Utah last season.
He also said the Utes' biggest question heading into the season is the defensive line. With the absence of Star Lotulelei and Joe Kruger, Utah has big shoes to fill on the line.
Another question intriguing the national audience is the Utes' revamped offense with the edition of co-offensive coordinator Dennis Erickson. The horrid 190.7 average passing yards per game might be in the past, but only if Travis Wilson grows into his role at starting quarterback.
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Gordon Hayward happy to be moving on with...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- Cougars gain a lot over Final Four weekend...
- Sunday morning QB: Stars and stats from No....
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 63
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 35
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 33
- Miami Beach Bowl live coverage: BYU vs.... 30
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28