MURRIETA, Calif. — BYU has received a verbal commitment from outside linebacker Tyler Cook.
Cook is from Vista Murrieta High in Southern California and is good friends with fellow BYU OLB commit Fred Warner. At 6-foot-3, 220 pounds, Cook is projected to play outside linebacker while at BYU.
Cook held offers from as many as 16 programs at the time of his commitment, including offers from Washington State, Hawaii, Boise State, Arizona and Miami (Fla.) according to scout.com.
Cook is LDS and plans to serve a mission. He becomes BYU's 11th commitment for 2014, seven of which are defensive prospects. The Deseret News will have more on Cook and his commitment when he becomes available for comment.
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- Dick Harmon: John Beck very impressed with...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- BYU's worldwide fan base highlighted in...
- Brad Rock: Jazz dreaming of a Blazing future
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 103
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 75
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 64
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 45
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog:... 27