Fast-food boss was sexting with teen employee, police say
WEST JORDAN — A supervisor at a fast-food restaurant has been arrested for allegedly exchanging sexually explicit pictures with a teenage employee.
Brandon Scott Kofoed, 27, was arrested this week for investigation of three counts of dealing in harmful materials to a minor, two counts of sexual exploitation of a minor, and enticing a minor over the Internet.
Kofoed was the "direct supervisor" over a 16-year-old female employee at a fast-food restaurant near 9000 South and 4000 West, according to police.
Police found two semi-nude pictures of the girl on Kofoed's phone and discovered he had sent three explicit pictures of himself to the girl, according to a Salt Lake County Jail report. Police were notified after the girl's parents discovered the pictures on her phone, West Jordan police said.
Detectives were investigating Thursday whether this was an isolated incident or if pictures of other minors were involved. West Jordan Police Sgt. Dan Roberts said detectives believe the texting, though illegal, was consensual between the two. He did not know Wednesday if any of the pictures were taken at the fast-food restaurant.
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought Boardwalk!
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex marriage
- Utahns losing thousands of dollars to phony...
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 78
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Mia Love declines to make joint... 50
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 35
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 25
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18
- Granite School District reaches... 18