Fast-food boss was sexting with teen employee, police say
WEST JORDAN — A supervisor at a fast-food restaurant has been arrested for allegedly exchanging sexually explicit pictures with a teenage employee.
Brandon Scott Kofoed, 27, was arrested this week for investigation of three counts of dealing in harmful materials to a minor, two counts of sexual exploitation of a minor, and enticing a minor over the Internet.
Kofoed was the "direct supervisor" over a 16-year-old female employee at a fast-food restaurant near 9000 South and 4000 West, according to police.
Police found two semi-nude pictures of the girl on Kofoed's phone and discovered he had sent three explicit pictures of himself to the girl, according to a Salt Lake County Jail report. Police were notified after the girl's parents discovered the pictures on her phone, West Jordan police said.
Detectives were investigating Thursday whether this was an isolated incident or if pictures of other minors were involved. West Jordan Police Sgt. Dan Roberts said detectives believe the texting, though illegal, was consensual between the two. He did not know Wednesday if any of the pictures were taken at the fast-food restaurant.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 44
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 42
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 38
- Hal Boyd: Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 32
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Report: States manage public lands for... 23