Fast-food boss was sexting with teen employee, police say
WEST JORDAN — A supervisor at a fast-food restaurant has been arrested for allegedly exchanging sexually explicit pictures with a teenage employee.
Brandon Scott Kofoed, 27, was arrested this week for investigation of three counts of dealing in harmful materials to a minor, two counts of sexual exploitation of a minor, and enticing a minor over the Internet.
Kofoed was the "direct supervisor" over a 16-year-old female employee at a fast-food restaurant near 9000 South and 4000 West, according to police.
Police found two semi-nude pictures of the girl on Kofoed's phone and discovered he had sent three explicit pictures of himself to the girl, according to a Salt Lake County Jail report. Police were notified after the girl's parents discovered the pictures on her phone, West Jordan police said.
Detectives were investigating Thursday whether this was an isolated incident or if pictures of other minors were involved. West Jordan Police Sgt. Dan Roberts said detectives believe the texting, though illegal, was consensual between the two. He did not know Wednesday if any of the pictures were taken at the fast-food restaurant.
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- World-renowned rock art in Utah is younger...
- No timeline announced yet for Cottonwood Mall...
- Circleville farmers scratching their heads...
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- Part police cruiser, part taxi,...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Attorney general deciding whether to... 41
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 39
- Newborn found in trash can brings call... 34
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Parents say daughter didn't understand... 22
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Winning plaintiffs in 3 states want... 14