Fast-food boss was sexting with teen employee, police say
WEST JORDAN — A supervisor at a fast-food restaurant has been arrested for allegedly exchanging sexually explicit pictures with a teenage employee.
Brandon Scott Kofoed, 27, was arrested this week for investigation of three counts of dealing in harmful materials to a minor, two counts of sexual exploitation of a minor, and enticing a minor over the Internet.
Kofoed was the "direct supervisor" over a 16-year-old female employee at a fast-food restaurant near 9000 South and 4000 West, according to police.
Police found two semi-nude pictures of the girl on Kofoed's phone and discovered he had sent three explicit pictures of himself to the girl, according to a Salt Lake County Jail report. Police were notified after the girl's parents discovered the pictures on her phone, West Jordan police said.
Detectives were investigating Thursday whether this was an isolated incident or if pictures of other minors were involved. West Jordan Police Sgt. Dan Roberts said detectives believe the texting, though illegal, was consensual between the two. He did not know Wednesday if any of the pictures were taken at the fast-food restaurant.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- Photo gallery: Deseret News Classic 5K
- Ogden man dies following U.S. 89 motorcycle...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 66
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 30
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 18