Fast-food boss was sexting with teen employee, police say
WEST JORDAN — A supervisor at a fast-food restaurant has been arrested for allegedly exchanging sexually explicit pictures with a teenage employee.
Brandon Scott Kofoed, 27, was arrested this week for investigation of three counts of dealing in harmful materials to a minor, two counts of sexual exploitation of a minor, and enticing a minor over the Internet.
Kofoed was the "direct supervisor" over a 16-year-old female employee at a fast-food restaurant near 9000 South and 4000 West, according to police.
Police found two semi-nude pictures of the girl on Kofoed's phone and discovered he had sent three explicit pictures of himself to the girl, according to a Salt Lake County Jail report. Police were notified after the girl's parents discovered the pictures on her phone, West Jordan police said.
Detectives were investigating Thursday whether this was an isolated incident or if pictures of other minors were involved. West Jordan Police Sgt. Dan Roberts said detectives believe the texting, though illegal, was consensual between the two. He did not know Wednesday if any of the pictures were taken at the fast-food restaurant.
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Body in suitcase is not missing Provo woman,...
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage' behind...
- Wedding put on hold after BYU student kicked...
- 11 signs you're a Jeep driver
- Opposing sides of same-sex marriage... 125
- Outcome of same-sex marriage case hard... 54
- Stewart, Bishop launch group to take... 37
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 21
- Provo businessman declines push to run... 19
- LDS Church donates $100,000 to combat... 19