Screenshot Grace Unplugged.com
Former Disney star AJ Michalka released a music video titled “All I’ve Ever Needed,” with the overarching theme of relying on Christ and not worldly accomplishments. The song accompanies the release of her newest film, “Grace Unplugged,” which will hit theaters Oct. 4.
In the movie, Michalka portrays Gracie Trey, a talented Christian teen who dreams of making a name for herself in the music industry. At 18-years-old, she leaves her hometown in Alabama for a record deal in Los Angeles, and even cuts off contact with her parents, according to IMDb.com. The film follows Gracie’s path to rekindling her faith in a foreign environment.
The chorus of “All I’ve Ever Needed” says, “I've chased a million things, bright lights and empty dreams. Now here I am, right where I thought I wanted to be. I'll trade it all right now, leave it all and lay it down to get back to where I belong. Lord all I've ever needed was your love.”
Like her movie character, Michalka, as well as her actress sister Aly, is a Christian. According to the Christian Post, both Aly and AJ have publicly denied the theory of evolution, and support voluntary prayer in school.
- Tragedy can reveal 'the very gold of truth'
- Mormon youths celebrate reopening of the...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- New Mormon Message video highlights how much...
- No more excuses: Mormon dad designs home...
- Hamblin & Peterson: Biblical names for Lord...
- Can Israeli farmers plant 70k trees, reap...
- The faith of a father, written in an old journal
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the... 66
- New Mormon Message video highlights how... 23
- No more excuses: Mormon dad designs... 19
- New DVD tells story of David... 13
- New Harmony: Viewing the penmanship of... 9
- Church leaders can learn from NFL... 7
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary... 7
- 10 ideas of what God looks like 7