Screenshot Grace Unplugged.com
Former Disney star AJ Michalka released a music video titled “All I’ve Ever Needed,” with the overarching theme of relying on Christ and not worldly accomplishments. The song accompanies the release of her newest film, “Grace Unplugged,” which will hit theaters Oct. 4.
In the movie, Michalka portrays Gracie Trey, a talented Christian teen who dreams of making a name for herself in the music industry. At 18-years-old, she leaves her hometown in Alabama for a record deal in Los Angeles, and even cuts off contact with her parents, according to IMDb.com. The film follows Gracie’s path to rekindling her faith in a foreign environment.
The chorus of “All I’ve Ever Needed” says, “I've chased a million things, bright lights and empty dreams. Now here I am, right where I thought I wanted to be. I'll trade it all right now, leave it all and lay it down to get back to where I belong. Lord all I've ever needed was your love.”
Like her movie character, Michalka, as well as her actress sister Aly, is a Christian. According to the Christian Post, both Aly and AJ have publicly denied the theory of evolution, and support voluntary prayer in school.
- LDS First Presidency calls 8 new MTC presidents
- The Piano Guys perform 'Silent Night' at New...
- Tebow’s recent breakup creates divide...
- LDS Church releases 'A Savior Is Born'...
- Lindsey Stirling, Alex Boye, others to...
- New Joseph Smith Papers volume provides...
- The effect of having a widow's mite of faith
- Elder Oaks gives special Thanksgiving...
- MTC missionaries spend Thanksgiving... 11
- Tebow’s recent breakup creates... 11
- Wright Words: Why Thanksgiving is... 4
- A lesson a little girl learned while... 4
- LDS Church releases 'A Savior Is Born'... 4
- The effect of having a widow's mite of... 2
- Pope Francis brings peace message to... 1
- Book review: 'Understanding the... 1