Screenshot Grace Unplugged.com
Former Disney star AJ Michalka released a music video titled “All I’ve Ever Needed,” with the overarching theme of relying on Christ and not worldly accomplishments. The song accompanies the release of her newest film, “Grace Unplugged,” which will hit theaters Oct. 4.
In the movie, Michalka portrays Gracie Trey, a talented Christian teen who dreams of making a name for herself in the music industry. At 18-years-old, she leaves her hometown in Alabama for a record deal in Los Angeles, and even cuts off contact with her parents, according to IMDb.com. The film follows Gracie’s path to rekindling her faith in a foreign environment.
The chorus of “All I’ve Ever Needed” says, “I've chased a million things, bright lights and empty dreams. Now here I am, right where I thought I wanted to be. I'll trade it all right now, leave it all and lay it down to get back to where I belong. Lord all I've ever needed was your love.”
Like her movie character, Michalka, as well as her actress sister Aly, is a Christian. According to the Christian Post, both Aly and AJ have publicly denied the theory of evolution, and support voluntary prayer in school.
- Pope visits Armenia's closed border with...
- Pope's message of peace resonates with Syrian...
- Retired pope thanks reigning pope for his...
- Apocalypse when? How teachings on the end of...
- Music and the Spoken Word: Radiate goodness
- Hamblin & Peterson: John Knox and the...
- Could Brexit be an apocalyptic prediction?
- Book review: 'Conspiracy at Carthage' shares...
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 168
- The pro-life plan that could reverse... 37
- Did Trump really just become a... 37
- Long PBS piece calls Mormon welfare... 16
- Could Brexit be an apocalyptic prediction? 12
- Pope Francis: Christians should... 12
- Faith leaders respond to Supreme... 12
- God? Meaning of life? Many Americans... 12