Mike Terry, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Gov. Gary Herbert was renamed to the National Governors Association Executive Committee by the NGA chairwoman, Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin, and the NGA vice chairman, Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper.
The association is governed by the nine-member Executive Committee. Through the committee, governors set association priorities and determine activities.
"My serving on the executive committee ensures Utah has a greater voice as states play a vital role in the nation's economic recovery and long-term success," Herbert said. "We work together in a bipartisan manner to share best practices, identify priority issues and develop innovative solutions to state policy challenges."
Fallin and Hickenlooper will lead the committee. Other members are Arkansas Gov. Mike Beebe, Delaware Gov. Jack Markell, Iowa Gov. Terry Branstad, Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton, Montana Gov, Steve Bullock and Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker.
Founded in 1908, NGA's members are the governors of the 55 states, territories and commonwealths.
- Precedents — and exceptions — to...
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- LDS Church leaders continue to emphasize...
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- The truth about addiction
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 51
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 33
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15
- State says it will fund Planned... 14
- Precedents — and exceptions... 12
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters... 11