Jae C. Hong, ASSOCIATED PRESS
James Todd Smith, more commonly known as American rapper LL Cool J, often tweets inspirational messages and quotes. But one stuck out to many members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on Monday night.
The popular rapper tweeted, "Without hard work, nothing grows but weeds," attributing the quote to Gordon B. Hinckley, president of the LDS church from 1995-2008.
Several members of the LDS Church responded to LL Cool J's tweet.
"Two of my favorite people in my same tweet," Nick Jarvis tweeted. "Even cooler saying, when you find out who the man that said it was, he was amazing."
StephAnn Knotts tweeted, "Wait. Did @llcoolj just quote our prophet?? Love it! I knew I liked him."
The same quote was also tweeted out from Mens Health Magazine back in 2011. In that same year another American rapper, Sean "Diddy" Combs, tweeted a message given by Elder L. Tom Perry.
"One of the greatest weaknesses in most of us is our lack of faith in ourselves," Combs tweeted in December 2011.
- New BYU president: Kevin Worthen to replace...
- Wright Words: Disney's 'Frozen' and why we...
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir announces rare,...
- Convert, veteran attends LDS temple for the...
- Church History Symposium examines Mormonism's...
- 'Cosmos' return puts science and religion...
- Ask Angela: I suffered from depression,...
- Gay marriage debate is changing how... 103
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'... 68
- Local religious leaders urge support... 25
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir announces rare,... 24
- Wright Words: Disney's 'Frozen' and why... 24
- 'Cosmos' return puts science and... 23
- New BYU president: Kevin Worthen to... 21
- 'Noah' banned in three countries weeks... 20