American rapper tweets inpsirational quote from an LDS prophet
Jae C. Hong, ASSOCIATED PRESS
James Todd Smith, more commonly known as American rapper LL Cool J, often tweets inspirational messages and quotes. But one stuck out to many members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on Monday night.
The popular rapper tweeted, "Without hard work, nothing grows but weeds," attributing the quote to Gordon B. Hinckley, president of the LDS church from 1995-2008.
Several members of the LDS Church responded to LL Cool J's tweet.
"Two of my favorite people in my same tweet," Nick Jarvis tweeted. "Even cooler saying, when you find out who the man that said it was, he was amazing."
StephAnn Knotts tweeted, "Wait. Did @llcoolj just quote our prophet?? Love it! I knew I liked him."
The same quote was also tweeted out from Mens Health Magazine back in 2011. In that same year another American rapper, Sean "Diddy" Combs, tweeted a message given by Elder L. Tom Perry.
"One of the greatest weaknesses in most of us is our lack of faith in ourselves," Combs tweeted in December 2011.
- Church slaying families accept pursuit of...
- Text of Obama's speech at Hiroshima Peace...
- Is the Angel Moroni a lightning rod? Statue...
- LDS missionary who returned home early shares...
- Twila Van Leer: Just picture that!
- Brooklyn's Catholic bishop decries racism and...
- Donald Trump moves to win over wavering...
- Playwright, film producer strive to teach...
- LDS missionary who returned home early... 53
- Defending the Faith: Book of Mormon... 46
- Why the University of Miami plans to... 45
- Is the Angel Moroni a lightning rod?... 23
- Elizabeth Smart picks BYU rape response... 23
- Donald Trump moves to win over wavering... 17
- BYU's Ty Detmer discusses prayer,... 12
- First-edition Book of Mormon to be part... 12