SALT LAKE CITY — Days before giving birth to a baby boy, Camille LaRose was surprised by her husband, Kasey, who shared the news that they had won the $10,000 grand prize in Rocky Mountain Power’s 2013 Act wattsmart Video Contest.
Kasey captured the moment on a hidden camera in the family’s car. Screaming with delight, Camille shouted to her family: “Are you kidding? Are you kidding? We get to have new windows in our house!”
View the video of Kasey LaRose telling his family at tinyurl.com/RMP2013Winner.
The LaRoses' winning video is called "wattsmart the Musical."
“I can’t remember how I heard about the contest,” said Kasey LaRose. “It was either on Facebook or the radio. I woke up one morning and had the idea for our video. I wrote the bulk of the script in about 15 minutes.”
Other winners are: Chris Lee, Salt Lake City, “Pushing Buttons,” runner-up, $2,500 in energy efficiency merchandise from Lowe’s; Sharon Shore, Sandy, “The Inspector: You’ve Got to Teach Them While They Are Young,” runner-up, $2,500 in energy efficiency merchandise from Lowe’s; Celeste Erickson, Pleasant Grove, “I am wattsmart!,” People’s Choice Award," $2,000 in energy efficiency merchandise from Lowe’s; and Melinda Dobbs of Orem won the Voters Award of $500 in energy efficiency merchandise from Lowe’s.
All of the winning videos and other videos entered in the contest can be viewed at wattsmart.com.
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- West Jordan councilwoman accuses mayor of...
- State responds to Planned Parenthood claims
- Ann Romney on likability, Hillary Clinton, MS...
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 69
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- State responds to Planned Parenthood... 45
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 43
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 32
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20