SALT LAKE CITY — Days before giving birth to a baby boy, Camille LaRose was surprised by her husband, Kasey, who shared the news that they had won the $10,000 grand prize in Rocky Mountain Power’s 2013 Act wattsmart Video Contest.
Kasey captured the moment on a hidden camera in the family’s car. Screaming with delight, Camille shouted to her family: “Are you kidding? Are you kidding? We get to have new windows in our house!”
View the video of Kasey LaRose telling his family at tinyurl.com/RMP2013Winner.
The LaRoses' winning video is called "wattsmart the Musical."
“I can’t remember how I heard about the contest,” said Kasey LaRose. “It was either on Facebook or the radio. I woke up one morning and had the idea for our video. I wrote the bulk of the script in about 15 minutes.”
Other winners are: Chris Lee, Salt Lake City, “Pushing Buttons,” runner-up, $2,500 in energy efficiency merchandise from Lowe’s; Sharon Shore, Sandy, “The Inspector: You’ve Got to Teach Them While They Are Young,” runner-up, $2,500 in energy efficiency merchandise from Lowe’s; Celeste Erickson, Pleasant Grove, “I am wattsmart!,” People’s Choice Award," $2,000 in energy efficiency merchandise from Lowe’s; and Melinda Dobbs of Orem won the Voters Award of $500 in energy efficiency merchandise from Lowe’s.
All of the winning videos and other videos entered in the contest can be viewed at wattsmart.com.
- New BYU president: Kevin Worthen to replace...
- Second victim found of Murray trucker accused...
- Two cyclists killed after Lehi accident
- Historic Star Mill owner sells property;...
- Salt Lake police warn of vinyl fence vandals
- Gov. Herbert: I'm an 'action figure' on...
- Alleged mastermind in sex trafficking ring...
- Community comes together to surprise...
- Judge: Biological father will share... 31
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 27
- Local religious leaders urge support... 25
- Cities, state battle panhandling... 24
- New BYU president: Kevin Worthen to... 24
- Gov. Herbert: I'm an 'action figure' on... 22
- Hatch, Lee call on federal government... 19
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 18