SALT LAKE CITY — Days before giving birth to a baby boy, Camille LaRose was surprised by her husband, Kasey, who shared the news that they had won the $10,000 grand prize in Rocky Mountain Power’s 2013 Act wattsmart Video Contest.
Kasey captured the moment on a hidden camera in the family’s car. Screaming with delight, Camille shouted to her family: “Are you kidding? Are you kidding? We get to have new windows in our house!”
View the video of Kasey LaRose telling his family at tinyurl.com/RMP2013Winner.
The LaRoses' winning video is called "wattsmart the Musical."
“I can’t remember how I heard about the contest,” said Kasey LaRose. “It was either on Facebook or the radio. I woke up one morning and had the idea for our video. I wrote the bulk of the script in about 15 minutes.”
Other winners are: Chris Lee, Salt Lake City, “Pushing Buttons,” runner-up, $2,500 in energy efficiency merchandise from Lowe’s; Sharon Shore, Sandy, “The Inspector: You’ve Got to Teach Them While They Are Young,” runner-up, $2,500 in energy efficiency merchandise from Lowe’s; Celeste Erickson, Pleasant Grove, “I am wattsmart!,” People’s Choice Award," $2,000 in energy efficiency merchandise from Lowe’s; and Melinda Dobbs of Orem won the Voters Award of $500 in energy efficiency merchandise from Lowe’s.
All of the winning videos and other videos entered in the contest can be viewed at wattsmart.com.
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Springville homes evacuated after fireworks...
- Summer Sounds: Train, The Wallflowers play...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- 2 killed in Uintah County crash identified as...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 8