SALT LAKE CITY — Days before giving birth to a baby boy, Camille LaRose was surprised by her husband, Kasey, who shared the news that they had won the $10,000 grand prize in Rocky Mountain Power’s 2013 Act wattsmart Video Contest.
Kasey captured the moment on a hidden camera in the family’s car. Screaming with delight, Camille shouted to her family: “Are you kidding? Are you kidding? We get to have new windows in our house!”
View the video of Kasey LaRose telling his family at tinyurl.com/RMP2013Winner.
The LaRoses' winning video is called "wattsmart the Musical."
“I can’t remember how I heard about the contest,” said Kasey LaRose. “It was either on Facebook or the radio. I woke up one morning and had the idea for our video. I wrote the bulk of the script in about 15 minutes.”
Other winners are: Chris Lee, Salt Lake City, “Pushing Buttons,” runner-up, $2,500 in energy efficiency merchandise from Lowe’s; Sharon Shore, Sandy, “The Inspector: You’ve Got to Teach Them While They Are Young,” runner-up, $2,500 in energy efficiency merchandise from Lowe’s; Celeste Erickson, Pleasant Grove, “I am wattsmart!,” People’s Choice Award," $2,000 in energy efficiency merchandise from Lowe’s; and Melinda Dobbs of Orem won the Voters Award of $500 in energy efficiency merchandise from Lowe’s.
All of the winning videos and other videos entered in the contest can be viewed at wattsmart.com.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Photo gallery: Deseret News Classic 5K
- Ogden man dies following U.S. 89 motorcycle...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- Man charged with murdering UTA worker found...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 69
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 18
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17