VIDEO: Utah Utes sluggish as football camp opens, Dennis Erickson high on Travis Wilson
As the University of Utah football team opened up its fall camp in preparation for the 2013 season, coaches and players agreed that this year's camp will be much more intense than previous seasons.
Head coach Kyle Whittingham said his team was not prepared for the speed of the drills for the first day of camp, but he also said the Utes would bring themselves up to speed quickly. He praised quarterback Travis Wilson for his summertime work — namely that he gained weight — and said he was impressed by his team's defensive leaders.
For his part, offensive coordinator Dennis Erickson said he was impressed with the work Wilson did during the difficult 2012 campaign, despite not having yet joined the team. He said he has adapted and learned the new offense quickly and should grow leaps and bounds before the season begins.
The Utes' fall camp continues six days per week every week until kickoff between the Utes and the Utah State Aggies on Aug. 29.
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- Former longtime Utah Jazz broadcaster Hot Rod...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes as...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 105
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 21
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 19