VIDEO: Utah Utes sluggish as football camp opens, Dennis Erickson high on Travis Wilson
As the University of Utah football team opened up its fall camp in preparation for the 2013 season, coaches and players agreed that this year's camp will be much more intense than previous seasons.
Head coach Kyle Whittingham said his team was not prepared for the speed of the drills for the first day of camp, but he also said the Utes would bring themselves up to speed quickly. He praised quarterback Travis Wilson for his summertime work — namely that he gained weight — and said he was impressed by his team's defensive leaders.
For his part, offensive coordinator Dennis Erickson said he was impressed with the work Wilson did during the difficult 2012 campaign, despite not having yet joined the team. He said he has adapted and learned the new offense quickly and should grow leaps and bounds before the season begins.
The Utes' fall camp continues six days per week every week until kickoff between the Utes and the Utah State Aggies on Aug. 29.
- Risks in climbing Everest in focus as 3 die,...
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- LSU's live tiger mascot diagnosed with rare...
- Olympic gold-medal sailor tells of gunpoint...
- A look at Day 2 at French Open
- Lowry, DeRozan lead Raptors to 105-99 win...
- UCLA agrees to 15-year deal with Under Armour
- Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles selected to host...
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 147
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 67
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 48
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 47
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 41
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 37
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans... 28
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27