What's new: 'Heroes of Faith' is a collection of 24 true stories
"HEROES OF FAITH: True Stories of Courage and Strength," by Marlene Bateman Sullivan, Cedar Fort, $15.99, 148 pages (nf)
Heroes aren't born; they are created through courageous acts under difficult circumstances.
That's the message illustrated in Marlene Bateman Sullivan's new book, "Heroes of Faith: True Stories of Courage and Strength."
The book is described as "a collection of 24 remarkable stories of stalwart men and women who stood firm and valiant in the gospel despite dangerous mobs, flying bullets, physical handicaps, extreme hardships and dictatorial regimes."
The 24 stories are broken down into four sections of six chapters. The four sections are titled "Steadfast Heroes," "Missionary Heroes," "Challenged Heroes" and "War-Time Heroes."
The book includes tales from the early history of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Sullivan hopes readers discover that the simple courage that creates heroes is something you already have in your life. As you read, the book says, you will realize the potential of your own testimony to help you become a hero.
Sullivan, a Utah native, is a graduate of the University of Utah with a bachelor’s degree in English. She is married to Kelly R. Sullivan and they are the parents of seven children. Sullivan has been published extensively in magazines and newspapers and has written a number of non-fiction books, including "Latter-day Saint Heroes and Heroines, Vol. 1"; "Latter-day Saint Heroes and Heroines, Vol. 2"; "And There Were Angels Among Them"; "Visits From Beyond the Veil"; "By the Ministering of Angels"; "Brigham’s Boys"; and "Gaze Into Heaven."
For more information about the book and the author, visit blog.cedarfort.com.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: tbtoone
- Self-assured, Kaine brings a steady hand to...
- California governor denies parole for Manson...
- 3 key takeaways from the latest report on...
- Picturing history: West Lebanon, New Hampshire
- Will this key line in Melania Trump's GOP...
- Did the Republican Party just adopt the 'most...
- Cookbook review: 'The Lion House Cookbook'...
- Jerry Earl Johnston: At times the people we...
- Did the Republican Party just adopt the... 48
- Defending the Faith: Two theological... 26
- BYU climbs from No. 15 to No. 5 in this... 25
- Utah man credits God for survival of 4... 24
- Ohio Mormon offered invocation at... 22
- Self-assured, Kaine brings a steady... 16
- Why many churches can't endorse... 13
- GOP platform: Plenty for evangelicals... 12