KANAB — A California motorcyclist died Saturday when he failed to negotiate a curve and crashed in southern Utah, according to the Utah Highway Patrol.
Killed was Chet F. DeVito, 70, of Anaheim Hills, Calif.
DeVito was riding his Harley Davidson north on U.S. 89 between Kanab and Hurricane when he went off the road and overturned, according to the UHP. Excessive speed was a factor, the UHP said. A passing motorist reported coming across the crashed motorcycle a short time later.
A helmet with the chin strap tightened was found in the debris. The UHP said it was not possible for it to be worn at the time of the crash.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Photo gallery: Deseret News Classic 5K
- Ogden man dies following U.S. 89 motorcycle...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- Man charged with murdering UTA worker found...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 69
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 18
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17