KANAB — A California motorcyclist died Saturday when he failed to negotiate a curve and crashed in southern Utah, according to the Utah Highway Patrol.
Killed was Chet F. DeVito, 70, of Anaheim Hills, Calif.
DeVito was riding his Harley Davidson north on U.S. 89 between Kanab and Hurricane when he went off the road and overturned, according to the UHP. Excessive speed was a factor, the UHP said. A passing motorist reported coming across the crashed motorcycle a short time later.
A helmet with the chin strap tightened was found in the debris. The UHP said it was not possible for it to be worn at the time of the crash.
- Precedents — and exceptions...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- 'Teacherpreneur,' a new role in the world of...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 25
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 15