KANAB — A California motorcyclist died Saturday when he failed to negotiate a curve and crashed in southern Utah, according to the Utah Highway Patrol.
Killed was Chet F. DeVito, 70, of Anaheim Hills, Calif.
DeVito was riding his Harley Davidson north on U.S. 89 between Kanab and Hurricane when he went off the road and overturned, according to the UHP. Excessive speed was a factor, the UHP said. A passing motorist reported coming across the crashed motorcycle a short time later.
A helmet with the chin strap tightened was found in the debris. The UHP said it was not possible for it to be worn at the time of the crash.
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- We were there: See Deseret News front pages...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Love not attending Salt Lake City Rotary Club...
- Friend says wrong-way driver 'wasn't in his...
- Rock climber falls to his death at Zion...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 79
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 58
- Federal government extends same-sex... 37
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 23
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 15
- Risque video shoots trigger... 14
- Housing recovery slowest since World... 12