KANAB — A California motorcyclist died Saturday when he failed to negotiate a curve and crashed in southern Utah, according to the Utah Highway Patrol.
Killed was Chet F. DeVito, 70, of Anaheim Hills, Calif.
DeVito was riding his Harley Davidson north on U.S. 89 between Kanab and Hurricane when he went off the road and overturned, according to the UHP. Excessive speed was a factor, the UHP said. A passing motorist reported coming across the crashed motorcycle a short time later.
A helmet with the chin strap tightened was found in the debris. The UHP said it was not possible for it to be worn at the time of the crash.
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Video of school bus driver shows 'bizarre'...
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding' with...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Settlement in dog shooting case reached, then...
- Republican, Democratic political... 37
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 20
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 19
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 17
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for... 13