KANAB — A California motorcyclist died Saturday when he failed to negotiate a curve and crashed in southern Utah, according to the Utah Highway Patrol.
Killed was Chet F. DeVito, 70, of Anaheim Hills, Calif.
DeVito was riding his Harley Davidson north on U.S. 89 between Kanab and Hurricane when he went off the road and overturned, according to the UHP. Excessive speed was a factor, the UHP said. A passing motorist reported coming across the crashed motorcycle a short time later.
A helmet with the chin strap tightened was found in the debris. The UHP said it was not possible for it to be worn at the time of the crash.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- South Carolina woman dies on Sundance zip line
- Police: Man shot, injured by officer in Ogden
- Firefighter, 3 others injured in apartment blaze
- Teen in critical condition after friend...
- Discovery Gateway opens new health-focused...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 31
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 29
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11