Drug dealer shot while being robbed of his drugs, police say
SANDY — A drug dealer was shot in the hip early Sunday while being robbed of his marijuana, police said.
A 16-year-old boy set up a deal to buy marijuana in the parking lot of Smith's Food and Drug, 10305 S. 1300 East, said Sandy Police Sgt. Jon Arnold.
The teen and a friend met with two men who got into the back seat of the teen's Jeep Grand Cherokee about 12:45 a.m. Sunday. As the deal was taking place, two other men approached the vehicle, opened the back doors and assaulted the two in the back seat, he said.
During the fight, one of the alleged dealers was shot in the left hip, Arnold said. The man was taken to a hospital where Arnold said he was in fair condition. The second alleged dealer was treated at the hospital for cuts and scrapes.
It appears the teenager was working with the two men who assaulted the victims, Arnold said. Police found the teen driving around Sandy about 4 a.m. He said he had marijuana that was stolen from the alleged drug dealers.
The 16-year-old was placed in juvenile detention for investigation of several charges, including aggravated robbery. His two accomplices remained at large.
- Celebrate summer fun with a photographic look...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Southern Utah infant dies after being left in...
- Review board clears Salt Lake police officer...
- Proposal: Real Salt Lake would pay for minor...
- Police say son beat 70-year-old father to death
- Utah mother of 8 in running for...
- Uintah County man accused of assaulting...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed... 78
- Republican, Democratic political... 49
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort 44
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding'... 33
- Pro-Palestinian crowd rallies in Salt... 33
- Review board clears Salt Lake police... 30
- Lawsuit claims State School Board... 29
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 26