Drug dealer shot while being robbed of his drugs, police say
SANDY — A drug dealer was shot in the hip early Sunday while being robbed of his marijuana, police said.
A 16-year-old boy set up a deal to buy marijuana in the parking lot of Smith's Food and Drug, 10305 S. 1300 East, said Sandy Police Sgt. Jon Arnold.
The teen and a friend met with two men who got into the back seat of the teen's Jeep Grand Cherokee about 12:45 a.m. Sunday. As the deal was taking place, two other men approached the vehicle, opened the back doors and assaulted the two in the back seat, he said.
During the fight, one of the alleged dealers was shot in the left hip, Arnold said. The man was taken to a hospital where Arnold said he was in fair condition. The second alleged dealer was treated at the hospital for cuts and scrapes.
It appears the teenager was working with the two men who assaulted the victims, Arnold said. Police found the teen driving around Sandy about 4 a.m. He said he had marijuana that was stolen from the alleged drug dealers.
The 16-year-old was placed in juvenile detention for investigation of several charges, including aggravated robbery. His two accomplices remained at large.
- Hundreds search for missing Provo woman who...
- 'As great as hosting the Olympics': Utah's...
- Father raises awareness of congenital defect...
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- Former Romney finance chairman courting a...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- About Utah: Big-time golf in little ol'...
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant coach...
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 61
- Former Romney finance chairman courting... 56
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 47
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 21
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 21
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant... 21
- Utah high school students unprepared... 16
- Poll: 'Undecided' tops Utah Republican... 15