Drug dealer shot while being robbed of his drugs, police say
SANDY — A drug dealer was shot in the hip early Sunday while being robbed of his marijuana, police said.
A 16-year-old boy set up a deal to buy marijuana in the parking lot of Smith's Food and Drug, 10305 S. 1300 East, said Sandy Police Sgt. Jon Arnold.
The teen and a friend met with two men who got into the back seat of the teen's Jeep Grand Cherokee about 12:45 a.m. Sunday. As the deal was taking place, two other men approached the vehicle, opened the back doors and assaulted the two in the back seat, he said.
During the fight, one of the alleged dealers was shot in the left hip, Arnold said. The man was taken to a hospital where Arnold said he was in fair condition. The second alleged dealer was treated at the hospital for cuts and scrapes.
It appears the teenager was working with the two men who assaulted the victims, Arnold said. Police found the teen driving around Sandy about 4 a.m. He said he had marijuana that was stolen from the alleged drug dealers.
The 16-year-old was placed in juvenile detention for investigation of several charges, including aggravated robbery. His two accomplices remained at large.
- Boston-bound airline pilot from West Jordan...
- Vernal man charged after 2 bizarre burglaries...
- Precedents — and exceptions — to...
- Layton man attempts to duct tape, rape woman,...
- Chaffetz calls speaker bid a long shot, may...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be named...
- SUU flight instructors die in plane crash...
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 54
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 37
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 30
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 19
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 15
- State says it will fund Planned... 14
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters... 14