Drug dealer shot while being robbed of his drugs, police say
SANDY — A drug dealer was shot in the hip early Sunday while being robbed of his marijuana, police said.
A 16-year-old boy set up a deal to buy marijuana in the parking lot of Smith's Food and Drug, 10305 S. 1300 East, said Sandy Police Sgt. Jon Arnold.
The teen and a friend met with two men who got into the back seat of the teen's Jeep Grand Cherokee about 12:45 a.m. Sunday. As the deal was taking place, two other men approached the vehicle, opened the back doors and assaulted the two in the back seat, he said.
During the fight, one of the alleged dealers was shot in the left hip, Arnold said. The man was taken to a hospital where Arnold said he was in fair condition. The second alleged dealer was treated at the hospital for cuts and scrapes.
It appears the teenager was working with the two men who assaulted the victims, Arnold said. Police found the teen driving around Sandy about 4 a.m. He said he had marijuana that was stolen from the alleged drug dealers.
The 16-year-old was placed in juvenile detention for investigation of several charges, including aggravated robbery. His two accomplices remained at large.
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Resting her case: Judge reflects on Cuban...
- Park City police nab pair suspected of...
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail to...
- Rally in support of police also draws counter...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 130
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 18
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Utah family making renewed push for... 9
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9