Book honors Salt Lake police officer, bloodhound partner
"It shows no matter how small or big you are, you can still have a role helping make the police department work and fight crime," she said.
Anne Holman, manager of the King's English, said she was excited to host an event when she heard about the book and said the turnout Saturday was "terrific."
"The thing about this, is this is such a Utah story," she said. "It's really great for us to do something with local people but also when it's a dog and it has this kind of feel and there's kids running all over the patio, that's our favorite thing."
Serio enjoyed telling his and JJ's story to Russ, who was there at Serio's wedding to hear JJ baying while tied to a tree. Russ said his friendship with Serio helped open the doors needed to tell the story. JJ's full name, Jesse Jr., was in honor of Russ' dog, Jesse, whom the pair took care of during their college years.
"(Russ) taught me how to love a dog, basically," Serio said.
And getting to write about his close friend and capture all of the stories about JJ was a highlight for Russ.
"To be able to write his story a little bit and his story with JJ ... it was kind of really cool to put that narrative arc together and really tell what they've accomplished, the really amazing accomplishments they've had and the impact that was still felt today," Russ said.
Serio said it was an honor to see the public response to the book about his beloved dog, friend and partner.
"It's an amazing feeling to think JJ impacted so many people," Serio said. "Just to see the community support is pretty incredible."
Another book signing featuring Serio, Russ and Junior will be held at 2 p.m. Monday at Dolly's Bookstore on Main Street in Park City.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: DNewsCrimeTeam
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- We were there: See Deseret News front pages...
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Love not attending Salt Lake City Rotary Club...
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Friend says wrong-way driver 'wasn't in his...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 79
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 58
- Federal government extends same-sex... 37
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 23
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 15
- Risque video shoots trigger... 14
- Housing recovery slowest since World... 12