Book honors Salt Lake police officer, bloodhound partner
"It shows no matter how small or big you are, you can still have a role helping make the police department work and fight crime," she said.
Anne Holman, manager of the King's English, said she was excited to host an event when she heard about the book and said the turnout Saturday was "terrific."
"The thing about this, is this is such a Utah story," she said. "It's really great for us to do something with local people but also when it's a dog and it has this kind of feel and there's kids running all over the patio, that's our favorite thing."
Serio enjoyed telling his and JJ's story to Russ, who was there at Serio's wedding to hear JJ baying while tied to a tree. Russ said his friendship with Serio helped open the doors needed to tell the story. JJ's full name, Jesse Jr., was in honor of Russ' dog, Jesse, whom the pair took care of during their college years.
"(Russ) taught me how to love a dog, basically," Serio said.
And getting to write about his close friend and capture all of the stories about JJ was a highlight for Russ.
"To be able to write his story a little bit and his story with JJ ... it was kind of really cool to put that narrative arc together and really tell what they've accomplished, the really amazing accomplishments they've had and the impact that was still felt today," Russ said.
Serio said it was an honor to see the public response to the book about his beloved dog, friend and partner.
"It's an amazing feeling to think JJ impacted so many people," Serio said. "Just to see the community support is pretty incredible."
Another book signing featuring Serio, Russ and Junior will be held at 2 p.m. Monday at Dolly's Bookstore on Main Street in Park City.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: DNewsCrimeTeam
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Resting her case: Judge reflects on Cuban...
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail to...
- Park City police nab pair suspected of...
- Rally in support of police also draws counter...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 130
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 18
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Utah family making renewed push for... 9
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9