10 law firms vie to work for panel investigating A.G. John Swallow
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Ten law firms will now compete to work for the special Utah House committee investigating embattled Attorney General John Swallow.
An five-member evaluation committee of lawmakers and legislative staff reviewed 61 applications for the job. After scoring each firm, it pared the list to 10. None are from Utah.
“We’re pleased with the number and quality of the firms. The response was well beyond our expectations,” said Rep. Jim Dunnigan, R-Taylorsville, investigative committee chairman.
Finalists will be interviewed next week and a contract offered Aug. 9. The investigative committee plans to hold its first meeting Tuesday.
The law firms are: Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld LLP, of New York; Davis Wright Tremaine LLP, of Seattle; Harrang Long Gary Rudnick P.C., of Eugene, Ore.; Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP, of Chicago; Jenner & Block LLP, of Chicago; Jones Day, of Atlanta; Kelley, Wolter & Scott P.A., of Minneapolis; Lane Powell P.C., of Portland, Ore.; Sidley Austin LLP, of Los Angeles; and Steptoe & Johnson LLP, of Chicago.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Ogden man dies following U.S. 89 motorcycle...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- Man charged with murdering UTA worker found...
- Salt Lake man killed, 3 others injured in...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 73
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 65
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17