10 law firms vie to work for panel investigating A.G. John Swallow
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Ten law firms will now compete to work for the special Utah House committee investigating embattled Attorney General John Swallow.
An five-member evaluation committee of lawmakers and legislative staff reviewed 61 applications for the job. After scoring each firm, it pared the list to 10. None are from Utah.
“We’re pleased with the number and quality of the firms. The response was well beyond our expectations,” said Rep. Jim Dunnigan, R-Taylorsville, investigative committee chairman.
Finalists will be interviewed next week and a contract offered Aug. 9. The investigative committee plans to hold its first meeting Tuesday.
The law firms are: Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld LLP, of New York; Davis Wright Tremaine LLP, of Seattle; Harrang Long Gary Rudnick P.C., of Eugene, Ore.; Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP, of Chicago; Jenner & Block LLP, of Chicago; Jones Day, of Atlanta; Kelley, Wolter & Scott P.A., of Minneapolis; Lane Powell P.C., of Portland, Ore.; Sidley Austin LLP, of Los Angeles; and Steptoe & Johnson LLP, of Chicago.
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- 10-year-old honored for saving little brother
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 84
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 25
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 24
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 16