Former Weber State guard Damian Lillard makes a fan's night
Tom Smart, Deseret News
Damian Lillard proved he is a man of his word Wednesday.
Lillard just wanted to shop in peace, but that is easier said than done when you are the reigning NBA Rookie of the Year.
Siros Ardestani, a fan of the Portland guard, stopped him and asked if he had a minute for a photo. Lillard rejected his photo op request and told him another time would be better.
Ardestani, took the rejection in stride and after Lillard turned to Twitter to voice his apology, Ardestani publically accepted without expecting anything more from his basketball idol.
But Lillard didn't stop with a single apology.
Whitney O'Bannon is a new media sports writer for the Deseret News. Follow on Twitter at @whitney_oban.
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coaches will take the win...
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 65
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 58
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 56
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Dick Harmon: It's Taysom Hill time on... 28