Police: Truck swerves to miss car, crashes into home
Derek Petersen, Deseret News
SANDY — Police are investigating a crash that sent a truck into the living room of a home Friday morning.
The crash occurred just before 8 a.m. Friday when a truck headed west on 8530 South near 300 East swerved to avoid a car that made a right-hand turn into his path, Sandy Police Sgt. Jon Arnold said. The move sent the vehicle into the living room of a basement apartment of a fourplex on the southwest corner of the intersection.
Arnold said the lone occupant of the home had already left for work at the time. The driver of the truck was transported to Alta View Hospital with minor injuries.
"It was more precautionary than anything serious," Arnold said.
Building inspectors were at the home Friday to evaluate the structural integrity of the residence. Officials were also working to remove the truck.
Police said the truck driver had the right of way when the vehicle made the right turn into his path. The driver of that vehicle, described as an elderly female in an older model Oldsmobile Cutlass, would have been looking east before turning, leading police to believe the sun may have obstructed her view of the oncoming truck, Arnold said.
Police were hoping to talk to the driver of the other vehicle involved to question them about the crash, he said.
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- 14 things you didn't know about dreams
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away drought
- Teen injured in Memorial Day crash dies
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks judge not...
- Vernal man accused of beating puppy with a bat
- We're not in Utah anymore — photos of...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 42
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 39
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 24
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 23
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17
- Salt Lake City leaders announce... 15