Police: Truck swerves to miss car, crashes into home
Derek Petersen, Deseret News
SANDY — Police are investigating a crash that sent a truck into the living room of a home Friday morning.
The crash occurred just before 8 a.m. Friday when a truck headed west on 8530 South near 300 East swerved to avoid a car that made a right-hand turn into his path, Sandy Police Sgt. Jon Arnold said. The move sent the vehicle into the living room of a basement apartment of a fourplex on the southwest corner of the intersection.
Arnold said the lone occupant of the home had already left for work at the time. The driver of the truck was transported to Alta View Hospital with minor injuries.
"It was more precautionary than anything serious," Arnold said.
Building inspectors were at the home Friday to evaluate the structural integrity of the residence. Officials were also working to remove the truck.
Police said the truck driver had the right of way when the vehicle made the right turn into his path. The driver of that vehicle, described as an elderly female in an older model Oldsmobile Cutlass, would have been looking east before turning, leading police to believe the sun may have obstructed her view of the oncoming truck, Arnold said.
Police were hoping to talk to the driver of the other vehicle involved to question them about the crash, he said.
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Fallen hiker had passion for the outdoors,...
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Provo company creates program that filters...
- West Jordan, Murray residents search for...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 56
- Vernal man claims police arrested him... 37
- Utah argues for more time to file... 33
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 27
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an... 22