Police: Truck swerves to miss car, crashes into home
Derek Petersen, Deseret News
SANDY — Police are investigating a crash that sent a truck into the living room of a home Friday morning.
The crash occurred just before 8 a.m. Friday when a truck headed west on 8530 South near 300 East swerved to avoid a car that made a right-hand turn into his path, Sandy Police Sgt. Jon Arnold said. The move sent the vehicle into the living room of a basement apartment of a fourplex on the southwest corner of the intersection.
Arnold said the lone occupant of the home had already left for work at the time. The driver of the truck was transported to Alta View Hospital with minor injuries.
"It was more precautionary than anything serious," Arnold said.
Building inspectors were at the home Friday to evaluate the structural integrity of the residence. Officials were also working to remove the truck.
Police said the truck driver had the right of way when the vehicle made the right turn into his path. The driver of that vehicle, described as an elderly female in an older model Oldsmobile Cutlass, would have been looking east before turning, leading police to believe the sun may have obstructed her view of the oncoming truck, Arnold said.
Police were hoping to talk to the driver of the other vehicle involved to question them about the crash, he said.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 44
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 38
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29