, Tom Smart, Deseret News
After an offseason full of change, Utah State football finally laces up the cleats and begins fall camp on Friday afternoon. Gone is former head coach Gary Andersen and gone is the affiliation with the Western Athletic Conference.
New head coach Matt Wells will now lead the charge as the Aggies try to duplicate the magic from last season that led to an 11-2 record and Top 20 end-of-season ranking, all while trying to do it against a difficult Mountain West schedule. The Aggies will have expectations to meet, having been picked second in the Mountain division behind Boise State in their inaugural year, and receiving votes in the USA Today Top 25 coaches poll preseason for the first time in school history.
Kraig Williams is a 2010 Utah State University graduate and regular Deseret News sports blogger. He can be followed on Twitter @DesNewsKraig.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 79
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35