, Tom Smart, Deseret News
After an offseason full of change, Utah State football finally laces up the cleats and begins fall camp on Friday afternoon. Gone is former head coach Gary Andersen and gone is the affiliation with the Western Athletic Conference.
New head coach Matt Wells will now lead the charge as the Aggies try to duplicate the magic from last season that led to an 11-2 record and Top 20 end-of-season ranking, all while trying to do it against a difficult Mountain West schedule. The Aggies will have expectations to meet, having been picked second in the Mountain division behind Boise State in their inaugural year, and receiving votes in the USA Today Top 25 coaches poll preseason for the first time in school history.
Kraig Williams is a 2010 Utah State University graduate and regular Deseret News sports blogger. He can be followed on Twitter @DesNewsKraig.
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- Haws breaks all-time scoring record in 1st...
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- 15 signs that you're addicted to your Fitbit
- Haws' teammates marvel at his BYU scoring record
- 5A boys basketball tournament central: Live...
- 4A boys state tournament central: Live...
- 20 questions: How well do you know Tyler...
- Too many turnovers, not enough baskets... 114
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 91
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 82
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 59
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 45
- Utah falls to No. 13 in AP poll;... 43
- Dick Harmon: Putting Haws' impending... 37
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 30