, Tom Smart, Deseret News
After an offseason full of change, Utah State football finally laces up the cleats and begins fall camp on Friday afternoon. Gone is former head coach Gary Andersen and gone is the affiliation with the Western Athletic Conference.
New head coach Matt Wells will now lead the charge as the Aggies try to duplicate the magic from last season that led to an 11-2 record and Top 20 end-of-season ranking, all while trying to do it against a difficult Mountain West schedule. The Aggies will have expectations to meet, having been picked second in the Mountain division behind Boise State in their inaugural year, and receiving votes in the USA Today Top 25 coaches poll preseason for the first time in school history.
Kraig Williams is a 2010 Utah State University graduate and regular Deseret News sports blogger. He can be followed on Twitter @DesNewsKraig.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- Saturday morning quarterback: 3 stars and...
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora of...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 55
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 54
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48