Two more guns found in baggage at Salt Lake City International Airport
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Two more loaded guns were found by Transportation Security Administration screeners at Salt Lake City International Airport in the past week.
In the latest incident Wednesday, Arvie Hansen, 58, of Morgan, was arrested for investigation of possession of a firearm at the airport. According to a Salt Lake County Jail report, a loaded firearm was found inside his luggage.
TSA spokeswoman Lorie Dankers said the gun was a Ruger LC9 loaded with six rounds, including one in the chamber.
That incident came on the heels of one July 25. A man traveling to St. George was arrested after a loaded .45-caliber Springfield Armory XD firearm was found in his luggage, along with an additional magazine, Dankers said.
The incidents marked the 25th and 26th guns seized at the airport in 2013. Twenty guns were seized in all of 2012 at Salt Lake City International Airport and 24 at all of Utah's airports combined.
A person convicted of a misdemeanor or felony charge of having a firearm at the airport can have their concealed weapons permit suspended for up to five years in addition to any penalties the court levies.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Teen in critical condition after slamming...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery store...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 53
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 22
- Are you willing to take a pledge to... 20
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15