Two more guns found in baggage at Salt Lake City International Airport
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Two more loaded guns were found by Transportation Security Administration screeners at Salt Lake City International Airport in the past week.
In the latest incident Wednesday, Arvie Hansen, 58, of Morgan, was arrested for investigation of possession of a firearm at the airport. According to a Salt Lake County Jail report, a loaded firearm was found inside his luggage.
TSA spokeswoman Lorie Dankers said the gun was a Ruger LC9 loaded with six rounds, including one in the chamber.
That incident came on the heels of one July 25. A man traveling to St. George was arrested after a loaded .45-caliber Springfield Armory XD firearm was found in his luggage, along with an additional magazine, Dankers said.
The incidents marked the 25th and 26th guns seized at the airport in 2013. Twenty guns were seized in all of 2012 at Salt Lake City International Airport and 24 at all of Utah's airports combined.
A person convicted of a misdemeanor or felony charge of having a firearm at the airport can have their concealed weapons permit suspended for up to five years in addition to any penalties the court levies.
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay...
- Wanted Layton man dies in New Mexico plane crash
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Which U.S. cities are the best for upward...
- Alleged sexual abuser on the run for 17 years...
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt status...
- Doug Robinson: Weber State track coach isn't...
- No vacancy: SUU scrambling to house largest...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 303
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 141
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 109
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of... 77
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 68
- Lee takes on new strategy in fight... 46
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 46
- Is report on building prison in Draper... 36