Two more guns found in baggage at Salt Lake City International Airport
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Two more loaded guns were found by Transportation Security Administration screeners at Salt Lake City International Airport in the past week.
In the latest incident Wednesday, Arvie Hansen, 58, of Morgan, was arrested for investigation of possession of a firearm at the airport. According to a Salt Lake County Jail report, a loaded firearm was found inside his luggage.
TSA spokeswoman Lorie Dankers said the gun was a Ruger LC9 loaded with six rounds, including one in the chamber.
That incident came on the heels of one July 25. A man traveling to St. George was arrested after a loaded .45-caliber Springfield Armory XD firearm was found in his luggage, along with an additional magazine, Dankers said.
The incidents marked the 25th and 26th guns seized at the airport in 2013. Twenty guns were seized in all of 2012 at Salt Lake City International Airport and 24 at all of Utah's airports combined.
A person convicted of a misdemeanor or felony charge of having a firearm at the airport can have their concealed weapons permit suspended for up to five years in addition to any penalties the court levies.
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- Hundreds search for missing Provo woman who...
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant coach...
- Former Romney finance chairman courting a...
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- Utah construction companies fined, ordered to...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Utah man accused of rape is no stranger to...
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 60
- Josh Romney: I won't run against Sen.... 57
- Former Romney finance chairman courting... 53
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 43
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 21
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant... 20
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 19
- Utah high school students unprepared... 15