Pinterest has a new plan to help pinners and itself.
ABCNews.com reported Thursday that the popular social media site has added a new feature that alerts users when their pinned products drop in price.
According to ABC News’ Joanna Stern, pinners will be alerted to new deals by email. According to the site's representatives, users will have the choice to disable the notifications if they aren’t interested, and the emails will be kept at a minimum.
"Many of the pins already have price information," Pinterest communications executive Annie Ta told ABC News. "Now we are able to send notifications about the price dropping. We think it will be really helpful for the pinners and great for the websites selling the products."
But the benefits aren't only for the user. Stern also reports that since the launch of the new application, the click-through rate for product pins has outpaced regular pins.
Currently, the new alerts are not available for mobile use.
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Why starting a garden doesn't save you money
- 11 best—and worst—state tax systems
- How much of your paycheck do you take home?
- Why one inner-city kid didn't sell drugs to...
- Who should be listed on your car insurance?
- How much America wants to be taxed
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,...