Pinterest has a new plan to help pinners and itself.
ABCNews.com reported Thursday that the popular social media site has added a new feature that alerts users when their pinned products drop in price.
According to ABC News’ Joanna Stern, pinners will be alerted to new deals by email. According to the site's representatives, users will have the choice to disable the notifications if they aren’t interested, and the emails will be kept at a minimum.
"Many of the pins already have price information," Pinterest communications executive Annie Ta told ABC News. "Now we are able to send notifications about the price dropping. We think it will be really helpful for the pinners and great for the websites selling the products."
But the benefits aren't only for the user. Stern also reports that since the launch of the new application, the click-through rate for product pins has outpaced regular pins.
Currently, the new alerts are not available for mobile use.
- 50 highest paying jobs in Utah
- Utahns losing thousands of dollars to phony...
- Why we don't need to worry that Utah cities...
- Dave Ramsey says: Everyone needs a financial...
- Low unemployment rates contribute to dropping...
- How to get the best deals this fall
- Want that new gadget? Here are some ways to...
- How to be a billionaire
- 7 reasons why millennials are... 12
- Marijuana could deliver more than $800... 9
- Low unemployment rates contribute to... 7
- 4 things you don't want your boss to know 6
- How to be a billionaire 4
- Work is sometimes the best medicine 3
- Something that may have caused the... 3
- Why we don't need to worry that Utah... 3