BYU football: BYU, Fresno State agree to home-and-home series in 2015, 2017
Eugene Tanner, ASSOCIATED PRESS
PROVO — BYU has agreed to a two-game football series with a former Western Athletic Conference rival for a pair of November contests.
BYU and Fresno State announced Wednesday the two teams will play at LaVell Edwards Stadium in Provo on Nov. 21, 2015 and at Bulldog Stadium in Fresno, Calif., on Nov. 4, 2017.
"This is a great regional matchup for our football program," said BYU athletic director Tom Holmoe. "It’s been more than a decade since we played Fresno State. If tradition holds true, fans will be in for a high-scoring game featuring two former Western Athletic Conference foes."
The Bulldogs are now members of the Mountain West Conference. BYU also has future games with other MWC teams in coming years — Boise State, Utah State, Nevada and UNLV.
In 2015, the Cougars will also play Nebraska and Michigan. BYU's 2017 schedule features games against Wisconsin and East Carolina.
BYU and Fresno State have met nine times in football, including five meetings as members of the WAC from 1992-99. The first meeting was on Sept. 22, 1956 in Provo and the last meeting was held at Bulldog Stadium in Fresno, Calif. on Oct. 3, 1998. Fresno State leads the overall series 5-4.
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- IOC leaders stop short of complete ban on...
- Aussies won't move to Rio village yet; power,...
- Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza inducted into...
- 'Vive la France': Chris Froome makes...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 104
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 42
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 30
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 21
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 8
- Former BYU guard Cory Calvert to... 7
- Morning links: Utah Utes a sleeper in... 6