SOUTH JORDAN — The city is inviting residents to its End of Summer Bash and Health and Safety Fair.
The event, sponsored by the South Jordan Chamber of Commerce, is Friday, Aug. 23, 6 p.m. at Heritage Park, 10800 S. Redwood Road. It will feature appearances by South Jordan police and firefighters, apparatus displays and tours, rescue and K-9 demonstrations, a prescription disposal site, helicopter landing and apparatus tour, and health and safety vendor booths.
There also will be food booths with free hot dogs, while supplies last, and entries from a poster contest will be displayed.
Free games will be available, and a Superhero Family Fun Run 2.5K will take place at 5:30 p.m. — preregistration is required. There will be live music beginning at 7 p.m. with Zumba in the Park at 7:30 p.m.
A free movie, "The Life of Pi," will be shown starting at 9 p.m.
For more information, visit sjc.utah.gov/recreation.
- Precedents — and exceptions...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- 'Teacherpreneur,' a new role in the world of...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 25
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 14