SOUTH JORDAN — The city is inviting residents to its End of Summer Bash and Health and Safety Fair.
The event, sponsored by the South Jordan Chamber of Commerce, is Friday, Aug. 23, 6 p.m. at Heritage Park, 10800 S. Redwood Road. It will feature appearances by South Jordan police and firefighters, apparatus displays and tours, rescue and K-9 demonstrations, a prescription disposal site, helicopter landing and apparatus tour, and health and safety vendor booths.
There also will be food booths with free hot dogs, while supplies last, and entries from a poster contest will be displayed.
Free games will be available, and a Superhero Family Fun Run 2.5K will take place at 5:30 p.m. — preregistration is required. There will be live music beginning at 7 p.m. with Zumba in the Park at 7:30 p.m.
A free movie, "The Life of Pi," will be shown starting at 9 p.m.
For more information, visit sjc.utah.gov/recreation.
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- Women innovators leading by example
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- Pleasant Grove homeowner shoot, kills man in...
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- Hiker pulled from Bell Canyon after fall
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 38
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 15
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 14
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 12
- Attorney: Woman on trial in deputy's... 10
- Who should pay? City, developer,... 10