SOUTH JORDAN — The city is inviting residents to its End of Summer Bash and Health and Safety Fair.
The event, sponsored by the South Jordan Chamber of Commerce, is Friday, Aug. 23, 6 p.m. at Heritage Park, 10800 S. Redwood Road. It will feature appearances by South Jordan police and firefighters, apparatus displays and tours, rescue and K-9 demonstrations, a prescription disposal site, helicopter landing and apparatus tour, and health and safety vendor booths.
There also will be food booths with free hot dogs, while supplies last, and entries from a poster contest will be displayed.
Free games will be available, and a Superhero Family Fun Run 2.5K will take place at 5:30 p.m. — preregistration is required. There will be live music beginning at 7 p.m. with Zumba in the Park at 7:30 p.m.
A free movie, "The Life of Pi," will be shown starting at 9 p.m.
For more information, visit sjc.utah.gov/recreation.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- South Carolina woman dies on Sundance zip line
- Police: Man shot, injured by officer in Ogden
- Firefighter, 3 others injured in apartment blaze
- Teen in critical condition after friend...
- Discovery Gateway opens new health-focused...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 30
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 28
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11