Favoring Utah: Beehive State becoming home, sweet home for Utah Jazz forward Derrick Favors
More than ever, Favors realizes that devotion and continual self-motivation are critical to his long-term goals. Now that he’s a few months from the golden opportunity that he’s waited for so long, Favors recognizes it’s on him to be a hard worker, a defensive beast, a reliable offensive presence and a solid leader for his teammates to get that chance someday to hold the NBA’s Larry O’Brien Championship Trophy.
And Favors believes he will.
“I feel like inside I’ve got the heart to do it,” the soft-spoken-but-convincing Favors said. “I’ve got the ambition to do it, and I really want to win before my career’s over with.”
Utah doesn’t have good Southern cooking like he’ll find at his favorite Atlanta restaurant, Mary Mac’s Tea Room. He’s also aware the NBA is a business, so who really knows where his career will take him.
But, for now, the new homeowner can envision Utah being his unlikely home-away-from-home for years to come.
“I hope so,” he said. “I don’t want to move again.”
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- Dick Harmon: John Beck very impressed with...
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham...
- BYU football: Cougars to play Washington in...
- Utah Jazz: Better game but same losing result...
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes coming...
- Brad Rock: Jazz dreaming of a Blazing future
- Utah Jazz: Derrick Favors, Marvin Williams...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 100
- Commentary: Long-term success in... 52
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 48
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 37
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 33